Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid.

Ok let me start off by I have 3 amazing girls. Who would do anything for me. These girls have been very supportive and there for anything I need. Ok well recently one of then who is already married but didn't have a wedding decided she wants to have a wedding. I was really happy and we decided after my wedding we would start on hers. Well lately anything I ask her about or try getting advice about she's extremely negative about it. And makes me feel like crap for doing it the way I want. Like I picked out a bridesmaid dress I absolutely loved as well as my other girls. She hated me and gave me every reason in the book of why it was horrible. Until I gave in and decided to choose other dresses. How do I included her without her making it about what she likes or thinks would be better?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid.

• I agree with HisGirlFriday. Just stop talking wedding. The only thing you need to discuss with her is what time to show up at the church since you already have the dress. I also like her examples of what to say.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • jessi3617 said:
    Ok let me start off by I have 3 amazing girls. Who would do anything for me. These girls have been very supportive and there for anything I need. Ok well recently one of then who is already married but didn't have a wedding decided she wants to have a wedding. I was really happy and we decided after my wedding we would start on hers. Well lately anything I ask her about or try getting advice about she's extremely negative about it. And makes me feel like crap for doing it the way I want. Like I picked out a bridesmaid dress I absolutely loved as well as my other girls. She hated me and gave me every reason in the book of why it was horrible. Until I gave in and decided to choose other dresses. How do I included her without her making it about what she likes or thinks would be better?
    If she is already married, then she had a wedding. The "wedding" is the ceremony at which one becomes legally wed -- not the day one wears one's prettiest dress or throws an extravagant party. What your BM is planning is called a PPD (pretty princess day), and it's frowned upon mightily on the boards.

But to answer your other question, stop talking wedding with her. When she says she doesn't like something you're doing say, "Well, thanks for your input, but this is what I'm doing. If you don't like it, you don't have to do it at your fake wedding!" and then change the subject.
    This.

• jessi3617 said:

If she is already married, then she had a wedding. The "wedding" is the ceremony at which one becomes legally wed -- not the day one wears one's prettiest dress or throws an extravagant party. What your BM is planning is called a PPD (pretty princess day), and it's frowned upon mightily on the boards.

But to answer your other question, stop talking wedding with her. When she says she doesn't like something you're doing say, "Well, thanks for your input, but this is what I'm doing. If you don't like it, you don't have to do it at your fake wedding!" and then change the subject.

Definitely agree. And PPD aside, you and her decided? It should be her and her husband and whoever else is paying. You should have no say in it.
  • doeydo said:
    jessi3617 said:

This.
    LOVE THIS RESPONSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards