Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Lost: Cruise Reception ideas/timeline

We're having the wedding & reception on Spirit Cruises. Ship sails from 11:30 - 1:30.  My wedding will start EARLY (10:30, with guests boarding at 10). By regular boarding time, we should all be on our deck for the reception.  I'm lost as to what we're supposed to do after we (husband and I) come in after taking the pics.  HELP!!!!

Re: Lost: Cruise Reception ideas/timeline

• Options
    awright65 said:

We're having the wedding & reception on Spirit Cruises. Ship sails from 11:30 - 1:30.  My wedding will start EARLY (10:30, with guests boarding at 10). By regular boarding time, we should all be on our deck for the reception.  I'm lost as to what we're supposed to do after we (husband and I) come in after taking the pics.  HELP!!!!

Your reception ends at 1:30? Okay.

1. Say goodbye to your guests and thank them.

2. You and FI take your pictures.

3. You go home.

Pretty easy.

Plan a nice dinner out for the two of you if you want.

• Options
    @awright65 - Do you mean what goes on between the end of your ceremony and the end of the reception?

• Options
    @awright65 - Do you mean what goes on between the end of your ceremony and the end of the reception?

Yes.  I've never been to a wedding or reception so I don't know the format.

• Options
    Talk to guests. Eat food. Smile.
  • Options
    You can leave for a honeymoon, check into a nice local hotel, go out for dinner, or whatever you want.
  • Options
    @awright65 - oh, okay.

Well I am guessing your ceremony will be maybe 30 minutes so if I were you I would have a 30 minute cocktail time with apps where guests can grab a drink, grab a bite of food, find their tables and settle in.  Then here is your breakdown...

Ceremony - 10:30-11
    Cocktail time - 11-11:30
    Introductions (if you want them) - 11:30...should only take a minute of two
    Lunch - 11:35-12:35 (you can also have toasts during this time as well as you and your new H make your way around to each table to say hi to your guests)
    Dance - 12:35-1:35

You of course do not need a dancing portion if you do not want.  Instead you could have your first dance right after you are introduced then have lunch and then have light background music while you visit with all of your guests and hang out.

I guess I would need a bit more information in what you and your FI want to do during your reception.

• Options
    @awright65 - oh, okay.

Well I am guessing your ceremony will be maybe 30 minutes so if I were you I would have a 30 minute cocktail time with apps where guests can grab a drink, grab a bite of food, find their tables and settle in.  Then here is your breakdown...

Ceremony - 10:30-11
    Cocktail time - 11-11:30
    Introductions (if you want them) - 11:30...should only take a minute of two
    Lunch - 11:35-12:35 (you can also have toasts during this time as well as you and your new H make your way around to each table to say hi to your guests)
    Dance - 12:35-1:35

You of course do not need a dancing portion if you do not want.  Instead you could have your first dance right after you are introduced then have lunch and then have light background music while you visit with all of your guests and hang out.

I guess I would need a bit more information in what you and your FI want to do during your reception.
    @Maggie0829, thanks for the suggestion.  it lines up with what I was thinking.  it does help.  thanks again  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards