Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vendor Review...LONG!

Hi everyone! This is mm4662, changed screen name, and I'm now married! We had a GREAT day! 75 degrees with some wind. It was perfect!

If anyone is looking for vendors and has any specific questions about the people I write about, please PM me and I'll give you more information!

Reception- Pittsburgh Zoo Aquarium- A+++++++. I loved it. It was perfect. Jaime and Bob were amazing. They wrote back to all my e-mails within the day. It was beautiful and they set it up exactly how I envisioned it to look. My bustle broke and Kristi found me safety pins within a few minutes. When they noticed no one signed the guest book or put cards in the card box because it was upstairs, they set up a table downstairs. I took the glass containers and candy for a candy table and they set it up to look professional. EVERYONE raved about the aquarium as a venue. I'm so glad we decided to do it at the zoo. I will forever recommend people have their reception there.

Photography- Caitlin Thomas Photography- A++++++. I l.o.v.e her. No doubt about it, she and the zoo were the best. She is fun and has tons of energy. She is so sweet and made me feel comfortable from the start. She is so creative and I trusted her with everything. If you are looking for someone who is knowledgeable of quirky places to take pictures in Pittsburgh, she is your girl. She knows the best and most colorful walls in Pittsburgh! I recommended her to my bridesmaid and will recommend her to anyone who needs any type of photography work. She is amazing!

Taste of the Wild catering- A++++++. This is through the zoo. The food was SO good. We decided on a stations menu which was a little more expensive but totally worth it. Everyone raved about how good the food tasted. Everything was so fresh. We had a Pittsburgh station and it was a hit. Bob was so accommodating. He even made a mushroom gravy that my grandma used to make for the perogies. Everything I asked for was delivered times 100.

Ceremony- Old Stone Church- A++. It was a great little place to have our ceremony. We rented it out through the Monroeville historical society. We brought in our own JOP and it was smooth sailing. They came and unlocked the doors and locked them up later at night. They left us alone and made it super simple. Plus the price is right. It was $300 to rent it. Not bad!

DJ- Eclipse Unlimited Entertainment- B+. Our DJ was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was easy to get in touch with and super friendly. He listed to anything I said with music. We had 2 hours left and the dance floor was filled so I asked him for no more slow songs and he listened. The ONLY thing that made me mad was that I wanted to start the father daughter dance because I could tell dinner was winding down and people were out dancing. He went out to smoke and told me he'd be right back. 4 songs later I had to send my husband out to find him to tell him to hurry up.

Limo- Classic Limousine Transportation- A+. They were great. They were on time, clean, and had a stocked bar. The drivers were friendly and helpful. Their prices are very reasonable. Our driver even brought in the guy's bouts because we forgot them.

Florist- Holiday Florist, Plum- A+- Our flowers were BEAUTIFUL! From the start, Kandy was wonderful. She listened to everything we said and fit it all into the budget. I couldn't be happier with how our flowers looked and how bright they were. We got so many compliments on them.

Tux- Jos. A. Bank- Gainesville VA and Monroeville PA. I give Gainesville VA a C and Monroeville a B. Gainesville was supposed to send my brother's Tux to Monroeville. They forgot and it was at Gainesville. On Monday, they said they would overnight it to Monroeville. They didn't. They sent it on Wednesday for 2 day shipping. It came on Friday at 5pm.

Cake- Oakmont Bakery- A. We did this through the phone because we planned out of town. We decided on the Emily design and Almond batter with buttercream icing. The cake was beautiful. It was all white and looked amazing against the navy linen. Courtney was easy to get in touch with and made ordering and paying over e-mail really simple.
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vendor Review...LONG!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  I saw the sneak peak photo on FB, but didn't put two and two together until just now.  Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!!  I'm glad you had a great day!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards