Hawaii

Ideas for beach wedding dress belts/sashes (to bling or not to bling...)

Hi ladies,

I'm still a year out from my wedding, but I bought the dress! You can (hopefully) see it pictured below. However, mine is in ivory silk shantung (no lace). 

I'm working with a seamstress to design a unique belt/sash for it. I can't decide what would be appropriate -- we are going to elope on the beach and then meet up with our friends for a beach party/reception in Hawaii. I want it to take his breath away and accentuate my narrow stomach/hour-glass figure, without being too distracting. I can't decide between a blingy belt -- or a ribbon, like organza.

Just wanted to see if anyone had as any thoughts/recommendations/do's-don'ts. 

Thanks!

Strapless Lace Gown Bridal Dress Wedding Sweetheart Neckline Tulle Sash Silk Shantung White Chantilly Style 

But this material... Bridal Ball Gown Wedding Lightweight Silk Shantung Lace Sequins White

Re: Ideas for beach wedding dress belts/sashes (to bling or not to bling...)

• Also, I do not care for the bright ribbons -- if I do ribbon, it'll be a light peach or pink and translucent material like organza. 
  • This is your day to shine!  I wore a belt with crystals and it looked beautiful and photographed very well (I got married on Maui).  It will add interest plus texture/shine to your dress since there will not be any lace. I say go with your gut and how you want to look on your day..don't worry about 'standards' :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards