Ohio-Northeast

Small Venue Akron Ohio

LaurenBuserLaurenBuser member
First Anniversary
edited October 2013 in Ohio-Northeast
My fiancé and I are looking for a venue in or around the Akron area for our wedding. We would like to have the wedding and reception at the same place with about 35-50 guests. I am having a hard time finding a place that is not huge and super expensive. We are planning to have our wedding in the spring 2014 and doing it completely DIY. We can not have a backyard wedding since we live in an apartment and the metro parks do not allow alcohol of any kind and we are hoping to have wine. Please let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks!

Re: Small Venue Akron Ohio

• What kind of venue are you looking for? Do you want rustic, sophisticated, glam?
  • I was going to suggest the metro parks, but I see you've already looked into that :( Sippo Lake Park in Canton offers a wonderful space - FI looked at it. They redid their library (don't worry, their library building has more than just a library...). ANYWAY, They have a gorgeous ball room with plenty of space for your reception and they do weddings there all the time. They have an outdoor wedding area overlooking the lake (and an indoor option too)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards