Moms and Maids

Mom wants to wear a dress that isn't the wedding color?

My colors are coral mint and black...mom found a dress that is gorgeous but navy blue...does it matter it's not one of my colors? Should the MOG also be wearing navy then?

Re: Mom wants to wear a dress that isn't the wedding color?

• No, it doesn't really matter. MOB and MOG can wear whatever they would like.

My mom wanted to coordinate, but not match, so she picked a different shade of blue than the BMs. MIL ended up wearing the same color, but a different style. They chose their dresses independently, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Colour wise your mom can wear what ever she wants :) In wedding that I've been to in the past the MOB has coordinated but not matched. For example the wedding colours were mint and lavender so the MOB wore plum and the MOG wore aqua. For my sisters wedding her colour is turquoise so my mom is wearing navy and the MOG is wearing silver. 
  • Yeah, my colors are Blue and Ivory, my mom is wearing Pink because she loves it. She's not going to clash in any of the pictures, and it makes her happy, so all is good. MOG is wearing blue, but that's because she really likes it. We were joking it's because she's the mother of the boy and my mom's the mother of the girl, blue and pink.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Mom's are not part of the WP and can wear whatever they want.  I usually think the bride is controlling (judgemental but true) if I see moms that match the wedding colors.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The moms don't have to match or complement the wedding colors. They may whatever color, length, style of dress that suits them.

• My MIL wore a black summer dress with pink rose print. My mother wore a silver cocktail dress. Our colors were red ,black and silver. They looked fine. They do not have to match each other or the wedding colors.
  • Our moms both asked, and I told them I didn't care at all. They knew the BM dresses colors so I think they tried to stay away from that, but I really didn't care. I went shopping with  my mom for her dress but more for fun than because I cared what she wore.
    My biggest concern was that they didn't dress too formal, but more for their comfort since it was a July wedding in Texas. They both wore short dresses.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mom-wants-to-wear-a-dress-that-isnt-the-wedding-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:59167e82-bdfe-4584-b73d-901b6f3f09dePost:8aafa178-1112-43af-a5aa-4970dee2f1e6">Mom wants to wear a dress that isn't the wedding color?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My colors are coral mint and black...mom found a dress that is gorgeous but navy blue...does it matter it's not one of my colors? Should the MOG also be wearing navy then?
    Posted by princessbella323[/QUOTE]

The mothers wear any color they choose. It has nothing to do with anybody or anything else. The MOH traditionally coordinates with the rest of the wedding party.
  • My colours are blue and violet. My mother is wearing a gorgeous black dress with some bling on it, and my FMIL is wearing a darker shade of blue than the bridesmaids. It doesn't matter what colours the mothers wear, but I think they usually try to figure out what colour the other mother is wearing so they each look distinct in their own way.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• The mothers wear whatever colors they want.  If that happens to be a color from the wedding, so be it.  If it happens to be a color that's not a part of the wedding, so be it.

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• as pp said it doesnt matter what colour as long as it doesnt clash. my fmil wanted to wear brown, icky imo. our colors are eggplant and royal blue. that would totally clash. i told my fsil when we were going to find her bridesmaid dress about that and asked her to please go shoppng with her and talk her into something that wont clash like a blue, red or a nice green. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards