Wisconsin

Spray Tanning

Hey Ladies!

Anyone doing a spray tan for their wedding? I am fair skinned and I am thinking about doing one to get less a little bit of color. Do any of you have recommendations for places that do spray tans? Will it rub off on my dress?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
271 Invited image
186 Are ready to PARTY! image
85 Can't make it image
0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image

Re: Spray Tanning

• I do spray tanning.  I do the versa spray than (it's more of a natural color where the mystic tan has a bit of an orange tint to it).   Versa's are all done by a machine, so where you go won't matter- but I'd suggest making sure they use the actual versa solution (not a knockoff).  Before you go, make sure you exfoliate like it's your job.  Your tan will look much better.  Get it done a few days (like Thursday for a Saturday wedding)-  After you do it, wear baggy clothes.  That day, you may notice it rub off a bit (if you get the bronzer with it).  After that you'll be fine. :) 

Here's what I normally do if it helps: Shower and exfoliate like crazy.  LOTION like crazy, go to work, go tanning after work about 6:15pm.  It only takes about 15 minutes MAX from start to finish- I stand in there and air dry a bit longer than the booth "blows you dry".  I get a medium with bronzer.  Ask the tanning person for tips, they should show you about the barrier cream (so your nails don't get tinted) and how to stand in the booth (there's 4 positions).  then wear baggy pants back home.  That night I sleep in my baggy clothes.  Some of the bronzer will wear off a bit on your sheets but comes off no problems in the wash.  Then when I wake up in the morning I take a shower.  I do not use a loufa that next day but rather bar soap so my soft skin isn't getting exfoliated again thus causing the tan to go away faster.  When you get out of the shower make sure you put lotion on.  The more your skin is hydrated the longer it will stay. 

I would suggest trying it out before the wedding.  Also - if you don't keep up with it, it can get splochy.  So- I tried mine out- I'm letting it wear off and then when I get closer to the wedding I'll do it about every 3 -4 days with my last ones being on Monday or Tuesday and then again on Thursday before my Saturday wedding. If you're looking for a more defined look you're better off with airbrush- which is easy to screw up but easy to fix.... so I'd get a recommendation from a friend about that.

Hope it helps! :) 
  • Thanks! That was very helpful!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • I too am very fair skinned and have airbrush tanned and done the booth mystic tan (haven't tried VERSA).  I didn't like the mystic too much as it wasn't spread out as evenly as the airbrush tan with a technician.  I've done two different salons in Miwaukee, GLOW salon and spa and The Knick.  While I love the knick (I get my hair done there) I don't like their airbrush tan solution as much as what they use at GLOW.  GLOW's lasts much longer and goes on more evenly.  It's a little pricier ($35ish) per session than using a booth, but I think well worth it for a big day like your wedding.  I agree completely with everything in the post above in regard to exfoliating, moisturizing etc.  I would also really recommend trying it out before your wedding.  Also, if you work with the same person on your trial run, you could let them know if you wanted to be lighter/darker etc before the big day. 

Make sure you don't have any plans following your airbrush tan, because they use a bronzer you look a little goofy as the tan begins, also I always feel a little sticky. Wear loose, baggy dark clothes and prepare for a night in. If you make the mistake of wearing tight jeans or even sometimes a bra, you'll get "tan lines" where the seams are and rub off the tan. 

Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards