African American Weddings

**YasJas**

I feel like I am starting to steal all of your vendors... but FI and I went to a bridal show today and decided that we want a photobooth bad! I am currently shopping around for prices and wondered if you would mind telling me how much your vendor costs? TIA

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: **YasJas**

• edited December 2011
    EEEEKKKKK!!!! I didn't know this!!! YAY!!! Aren't they awesome (Ashley and Jon)!!!! :D
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes! I LOVE them! So excited about having them do our photography. We met up with them and they were soooo nice and thorough with the details! And we love how they are a husband and wife team so the chemistry is already there and you can tell just by talking to them...

SO... thanks for that one too! LOL... I am going to keep shopping around for photobooth prices and hopefully we will make a DJ decision soon... What made you guys choose Glass Dee?

• edited December 2011
    Please, steal away! I stole most of mines from Eagles! LOL!!

My photobooth vendor is ShutterBooth-Atlanta. I booked them a year ago and they had a special going on. So I am not sure of how much they are charging now. But at the time it was $900 and it comes with all of this:
    • Up to 4 hours of service.
    • Complimentary "idle" hour during dinner.
    • Classic Scrapbook including DOUBLE prints (one for your guest and one for your scrapbook).
    • Professional and Experienced Host.
    • Access to ShutterYou.com photo sharing site created exclusively to capture and share photos from your wedding events. Please view a demo of the site here.
    • External Digital Monitor to display photos throughout your wedding or your own personal photo slideshow.
    • Free Delivery and Setup in the Metro Atlanta Area.

Here is there information:

Dee Murphy
    Owner / Operator
    P: 404.549.4548  Ext 2
    eFax: 404.549.4548
    Email: dee@shutterbooth.com
    www.shutterbooth.com

Tell them that Yashica Hall sent you :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • edited December 2011
    Did y'all book the DJ?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! And no... not yet... Frown. I thought we were going to book a couple of weeks ago but FI isn't completely sold yet. He is still looking to make sure we make the best choice so idk... I told him this Friday is the deadline...lol

• edited December 2011
    Oh... and we dumped our old photographer and signed with Ashley and Jon at Fixed Focal.... now do you think we are stealing all your vendors? LOL

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_yasjas-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:09b976b9-c0ba-47a7-84a6-bdd1e72ff4b1Post:33657f59-9db7-4293-b969-b01a69843459">Re: **YasJas**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes! I LOVE them! So excited about having them do our photography. We met up with them and they were soooo nice and thorough with the details! And we love how they are a husband and wife team so the chemistry is already there and you can tell just by talking to them... SO... thanks for that one too! LOL... I am going to keep shopping around for photobooth prices and hopefully we will make a DJ decision soon... What made you guys choose Glass Dee?
    Posted by sweets18[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to meet Ash and Jon!!! YAY!!

Well for me it was about the prices and what all I could get for the prices. Since I am not in Atlanta, my choices was limited in my opinion because I HAD to have a AA DJ.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_yasjas-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:09b976b9-c0ba-47a7-84a6-bdd1e72ff4b1Post:cf563be3-4bb9-4d1f-98d5-0e2b08a03e5a">Re: **YasJas**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **YasJas** : I can't wait to meet Ash and Jon!!! YAY!! Well for me it was about the prices and what all I could get for the prices. Since I am not in Atlanta, my choices was limited in my opinion because I HAD to have a AA DJ.
    Posted by YasJas2011[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean! We went to two bridal shows today and met some other DJs that were white and I just wasn't completely sure that they could do what I needed... I am almost positive that we are going with him... I just really need him to come to our venue and do a demo... I might actually pay him extra to come and do that...lol

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_yasjas-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:09b976b9-c0ba-47a7-84a6-bdd1e72ff4b1Post:8ed7987a-8b86-469e-8f64-541d6eebcd57">Re: **YasJas**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **YasJas** : I know exactly what you mean! We went to two bridal shows today and met some other DJs that were white and I just wasn't completely sure that they could do what I needed... I am almost positive that we are going with him... I just really need him to come to our venue and do a demo... I might actually pay him extra to come and do that...lol

I so wish that I could have him come to the venue and everything. But do you get a good vibe from the DJ? We are coming down on March 24-25 and would love for him to do a demo at his house or something.

Are you all taking Engagement pictures with Ash and Jon? If so, when?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yes, I meant to ask, why did you dump your photographer?
  • edited December 2011
    As far as the DJ... I did get a good vibe from him for the most part. He was real cool and down to earth and very passionate about DJing and mixing. Our main concern with him was professionalism... and some of the things that we read on one of his reviews (about him not being on time, or the actual DJ for the event)... we emailed him about this though and he promised that it would be him, I am also tweaking a few things in the contract just in case. But we also went to see him work at Glady's Knight and Ron's Chicken and Waffles in Lithonia and the mix he was playing was real good... so I feel confident that he could keep our reception a party. At the same time I am nervous that he will do too much talking as if he is at a club... so that is something that we would also talk to him about when we do sign the contract. I am pretty sure its going to be him cause at this point I don't see anything for the same value.

Our original photographer was good, but very basic and traditional. He doesn't take risks or do any kind of editing beyond what you or I could do with a basic program. We also realized how important it was to us to have two photographers that can really capture all day from all aspects (especially the getting ready part) and he didn't offer that either. We decided to re-take our e-pics with Ashley and Jon and we scheduled them for March 19th. I am not quite sure where yet, so any suggestions are welcome! Are you all re-taking yours too?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_yasjas-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:09b976b9-c0ba-47a7-84a6-bdd1e72ff4b1Post:f5532cb6-7d8b-450f-9c12-63049d062af0">Re: **YasJas**</a>:
    [QUOTE]As far as the DJ... I did get a good vibe from him for the most part. He was real cool and down to earth and very passionate about DJing and mixing. Our main concern with him was professionalism... and some of the things that we read on one of his reviews (about him not being on time, or the actual DJ for the event)... we emailed him about this though and he promised that it would be him, I am also tweaking a few things in the contract just in case. But we also went to see him work at Glady's Knight and Ron's Chicken and Waffles in Lithonia and the mix he was playing was real good... so I feel confident that he could keep our reception a party. At the same time I am nervous that he will do too much talking as if he is at a club... so that is something that we would also talk to him about when we do sign the contract. I am pretty sure its going to be him cause at this point I don't see anything for the same value. Our original photographer was good, but very basic and traditional. He doesn't take risks or do any kind of editing beyond what you or I could do with a basic program. We also realized how important it was to us to have two photographers that can really capture all day from all aspects (especially the getting ready part) and he didn't offer that either. We decided to re-take our e-pics with Ashley and Jon and we scheduled them for March 19th. I am not quite sure where yet, so any suggestions are welcome! Are you all re-taking yours too?

LOL and WOW!!! We truly think alike. We are trying to get our engagement pictures done on March 25. I love the details that Ashley and Jon will provide.

I so feel you on worrying if the DJ would be the one that is DJ and not one of his guys. And the professionalism is a big deal.

I love your website by the way!!! You did a great job. :-)
  • edited December 2011

Miss Nosey checking in...lol.

I did the exact same thing as y'all on the photographer and I felt like such a bad person when I broke the contract. It really was a huge relief when I found one that we loved though...great move ladies. I can't wait to see your new sets of e-pictures!

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Eagles, thanks hun! Who is your photographer?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_yasjas-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:09b976b9-c0ba-47a7-84a6-bdd1e72ff4b1Post:cb9755d9-2d86-454f-89b3-e2611241ad35">Re: **YasJas**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Miss Nosey checking in...lol. I did the exact same thing as y'all on the photographer and I felt like such a bad person when I broke the contract. It really was a huge relief when I found one that we loved though...great move ladies. I can't wait to see your new sets of e-pictures!
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouragement! I was really feeling guilty for a LONG time about it.. the other guy was so nice! Just not right for us.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_yasjas-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:09b976b9-c0ba-47a7-84a6-bdd1e72ff4b1Post:5183e22e-50d4-4534-8463-b8ad996ead87">Re: **YasJas**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **YasJas** : LOL and WOW!!! We truly think alike. We are trying to get our engagement pictures done on March 25. I love the details that Ashley and Jon will provide. I so feel you on worrying if the DJ would be the one that is DJ and not one of his guys. And the professionalism is a big deal. I love your website by the way!!! You did a great job. :-)
    Posted by YasJas2011[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!!! I guess we will see each other's pics on the blog when they are done! LOL... And that is crazy that we picked dates a week apart and our weddings are a week apart...lol. Thank you again for all the tips! I am sure I will borrow more before its all said and done (I just saw one I think I am stealing from another post.... yea... The Rose Ceremony...lol)

• edited December 2011
    Yes it is crazy! But cool!!! Steal away hun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards