California-San Diego

Strict BUDGET - need a ceremony & reception site

Hello brides! Any suggestions on where to have ceremony and reception (at same venue). I'm on a strict budget and need help ASAP. My fiance and I want to get married in Aug or Sept - are we crazy or is this do-able?! 

I am open to ALL locations, golf courses, beach, winery - anything affordable!!

Thanks,

V

Re: Strict BUDGET - need a ceremony & reception site

• edited December 2011
    My location is quite affordable: the Junipero Serra Museum.  I think many of the museums in San Diego county are quite affordable.  Also, check out Quail Gardens, we went to a wedding there in August and it was beautiful (and the couple said it was very affordable)

You aren't crazy to plan a wedding in August/Sept, just book your major vendors now and you'll be set!
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • cccatescccates member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    El Camino Country Club in oceanside has/ had a great package for 39.99 a person if you get married on a Fri. or sun.- not sure if its still going on, but its worth looking in to if that fits your budget.

And no your not crazy- I got engaged in december and we're getting married July 23 and everything I've been able to book all the big stuff (and a lot of the little stuff) already.
    ~CC
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps if you told us your budget, we could help you more.

My friend had her reception at the Vista Optimist Club.   She had to use an outside caterer.  That is usually how you save money--finding a caterer that you can afford.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort in Carlsbad. 

They're minimum varies if you get married on Fri or Sat night.  Their catering is on site.  We had our food tasting and the food was great and the portions huge. 

They also have an amazing rose garden, with an ocean view, where the ceremony is held.  They also include an hour cocktail hour with tray passed appetizers.  And the honeymoon suite is included for the night of your wedding. 

After seeing 8 different venues in SD within our budget - this was by far the most affordable and also the most beautiful venue.  Our budget is $10k and this venue was def in our budget.

• jenluxsdjenluxsd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you say what your budget is, it would be more helpful as there is a wide range and how many people you are planning to invite.

I find Park Manor pretty nice and the pp cost includes tax and gratuity, so that really helps. You can do both ceremony and reception there. The cost starts at $75/pp but this includes tax and gratuity so it really helps as you are not adding an additional 20% and 8.75% to your cost. And their ceremony fee is only $300 and that includes chairs and the set up of the chairs.
  • megan_glaciermegan_glacier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marina Village on Mission Bay is very reasonable. They have many rooms available so you might be able to find something on short-ish notice. You bring in everything, only paying them for the space so you can work around your budget pretty easily.
  • edited December 2011
    In Santee- Carlton Oaks Gold Course carltonoaksgolf.com

In lakeside- lakeside community center http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/parks/centers/lakeside.html

Hope this helps! GL!
    We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)
  • Ashley HowardAshley Howard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out the Rancho Buena Vista Adobe in Vista, CA. They are pretty affordable. And they are having an open house and Bride-to-Be Tea on April 17, 10am-2pm, with local vendors.

My friend's wedding was there and was really beautiful.
    http://www.cityofvista.com/departments/parks/adobe.cfm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards