Connecticut

Lyman Orchards?

Has anyone gotten married at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield, CT? There's not a ton of info online and I'm having trouble contacting them. Any details would be helpful, thanks :)

Re: Lyman Orchards?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_lyman-orchards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:a14c58af-af48-4afb-a856-1c261d11175dPost:4c5f1bd1-bd52-4f34-9d4a-60b0bde8b5f6">Lyman Orchards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone gotten married at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield, CT? There's not a ton of info online and I'm having trouble contacting them. Any details would be helpful, thanks :)
    Posted by mclarino[/QUOTE]

No but I used to work at their farm market so I've seen many wedding go on from afar.  If I am not mistaken they require a $30,000 minimum to hold a reception at the Homestead.  However, if you are just looking for a ceremony site and holding the reception elsewhere you might be able to that instead.
  • $30,000? Holy crrap. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_lyman-orchards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:a14c58af-af48-4afb-a856-1c261d11175dPost:7bbd93af-59da-434f-99f1-f3bd19c9e24c">Re: Lyman Orchards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]$30,000? Holy crrap. 
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously.</div>
  • Yeah.  I mean, I could be wrong.  But I am pretty sure at one point that was their requirement.  You could also see if the golf course does wedding receptions as opposed to the homestead, might be cheaper/not require a minimum?
  • I know CT Wedding Group and Jordan Caterers are some of their "preferred" caterers so we had to contact them to get a tour of the grounds/homestead. It is VERY expensive to hold a wedding there and logistically a little difficult. It was originally one of our first choices, but we ended up going with The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and using Lyman's for our engagement pictures. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I recently inquired about use of the Lyman Orchards Homestead, through the Lyman Orchards website, and their coordinator, Nancy Brennan contacted me with the following details:

Please see the attached rental rate for the Lyman Homestead and the list of our preferred caterers.   Rental of the Homestead includes use of the entire downstairs, the bridal and attendant room to freshen up, and the surrounding grounds.

The Homestead seats 100 guests using all the rooms, and will seat 70 guests comfortably including a dance floor.  An event larger than this could suitably be accommodated with a tent attached to the Homestead.

(Attachment said)

Preferred Caterer’s: ·       Connecticut Wedding Group-(# 100 guests or more) Jonathan Jennings, 860.347.7171·       Gourmet Galley-Emily Cushing, 860.415.9589·       Jordan Caterer’s-Karen Weil, 203.272.8213·       Lyman Catering-Nancy Brennan, 860.349.6046 *Homestead Wedding Rental Rate:Friday or Saturday - 51 Guests or greater: $2,250.00Sunday - 51 Guests or greater: $2,000.00*Tent rental, china, tables, chairs and linen not included in price. To secure a date I am required to collect half of the rental fee which is non-refundable.   Refundable Security Deposit:      $500.00 The balance and security deposit would be due 60 days before the event; a Certificate of Liability would be due 30 days before. (The entire rental fee and security deposit would be required to secure a date if it is less than 60 days before the event.)
  • Sorry about the font/garbled formatting!

Preferred Caterer’s: 
    • Connecticut Wedding Group-(# 100 guests or more) Jonathan Jennings, 860.347.7171
    • Gourmet Galley-Emily Cushing, 860.415.9589
    • Jordan Caterer’s-Karen Weil, 203.272.8213
    • Lyman Catering-Nancy Brennan, 860.349.6046
     *Homestead Wedding Rental Rate:Friday or Saturday - 51 Guests or greater: $2,250.00Sunday - 51 Guests or greater: $2,000.00*Tent rental, china, tables, chairs and linen not included in price. To secure a date I am required to collect half of the rental fee which is non-refundable.   Refundable Security Deposit:    $500.00 The balance and security deposit would be due 60 days before the event; a Certificate of Liability would be due 30 days before. (The entire rental fee and security deposit would be required to secure a date if it is less than 60 days before the event.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards