Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews - The GOOD/AMAZING! (longgg)

Las Vegas Custom Cakes – A+ We loved the cake, it was perfect.  I was amazed when I saw it!  It was a surprise cake for my DH, and he loved it.  I was worried it would come across cheesy but I don’t think it did at all.  The details were spot on, and the sugar work was so good. It also tasted amazing.  Yamilet and Cristina were great to work with the whole time.  The also did a fondant base instead of the tin foil which was nice and normally charged for.  Out of the 6 bakeries I went to, they were one of the cheaper ones, tasted the best and had the best design.  Highly recommend them, especially for those that can’t do a scouting trip. 

Viva Las Cake Pops – A+ These were sooo good, and were a huge hit.  This is a newer vendor and I’m so glad we took a chance on them.  The cake pops were huge, tasted so good and looked great, everyone loved them.  We got the red velvet with cream cheese and then the confetti cake with cream cheese.  My fave was the confetti.  Since they are newer their prices can’t be beat either, $100 for 50 cake pops and there may have been a few extra, they also included free delivery and a cute container. 

Scheme Events – A+ I am soooo glad we booked them.  They were the best decision we made.  We had them for 3 hours for before the reception.  Some of the stuff in the missing box we did need and Jacqueline went to Michaels after the box didn’t show and bought new stuff.  Up until the reception everything was very chaotic and it was such a huge sigh of relief when we walked into the reception.  Everything was perfect.  They cut the BM bouquets quickly to put in the centerpieces, the suite was sorta a mess when we left, everything was put away, they got the signature drink ready, Ipod was set up, all the vendor items were where they should be.  I could go on and on, they were completely worth it.  They also stayed until DH and I and Todd got there which was a little later than scheduled.  If you are wavering, don’t, book them-trust me. 

The Palette – A+ Pam was great to work with the whole time.  She was very responsive.  About a week before I had found out that we wouldn’t be able to get peonies like she thought she may have, last year she was able to around this time, this year not.  I totally switched the flowers around and she did some magic and got us all the flowers I had asked for.  When I first saw them I thought there may have been a little more green in them than I liked and not enough fuschia, but when I saw them with the BM dresses etc., they were absolutely perfect.  I loved them.  The chair décor and bouts were also perfect. 

Woolard Productions for Up lighting – A+ This was another one of the best decisions we made.  I think the up lighting completely transformed the suite into more of a reception vibe.  If you are having an in-suite, I would highly recommend up lighting.  Bryan was great to work with and had the cheapest prices out of the popular places I had contacted.  Definitely worth it.  He was scheduled to come in at 11 to take the lights down, but said we could call if we needed it later, which we did as the party was still going.  So I called and he had no problem coming at 12.  I first thought he was security when he showed up though, so I was scared for a second, lol. 

Lori White for outcome – A I loved the outcome of my hair and makeup, it was pretty much exactly what I was going for.  I think all the girls that she did liked their hair and makeup too.  My MOH didn’t like her makeup that Lori’s assistant did but she’s kind of picky in that regard.  I did a bold fuschia lip and Lori threw in the lipstick for me, which was nice.  I do think she does amazing work, I just wish she was a little warmer personality wise, and if so, it’d be a homerun. 

The E Suite at TheHotel at MB/Bell Desk – A+ The suite was beautiful and perfect for our 38 guests.  The layout made it easy for everyone to interact, have room etc., many guests actually commented on this specifically.  The office area was perfect for the food.  You can close off the bedroom and still have more than enough room.  The bar area is big enough and has a good spot for the coolers.  The E suite actually had a better view than the L did, at least the room we were in did.  We were in 62904 (I think).  Only downfall on being on that floor is Mix is basically above you, so  you can hear that late at night but it didn’t bother us.  The surround sound system was fantastic, you can adjust the volume in like 5 different spots.  We had it pretty loud too at the end of the night with no complaints.  Thehotel even sent up a wheel chair for one of our guests and didn’t say anything about the noise.  The Bell desk was great, very very helpful with everything, tip and you shall receive!:)  So glad we went with this suite.  Granted, the downfall for any suite at Thehotel or MB is it could be given away, but that’s the chance you take. 

RSVP Rentals – A+ Great vendor.  Everything was there that we needed when my BM picked it all up. We got 5 high tops w/linens (highly recommended for an in-suite as people congregated at the tables), 20 martini glasses for the signature drink, 2 coolers and 2 party tubs which were all used, 10 folding chairs, some water goblets for mimosas in the morning, old fashioned glass for the straws.  When we returned the items, a folding chair was missing (no clue), and a glass was broken that we did know about.  They didn’t charge us for either, which was so nice.  Highly recommend. **If you get rental items like this, PAY the delivery charge, picking up and dropping off and switching rooms etc. was such a hassle, and not to mention what we tipped the bell people pretty much added up to the delivery charge anyways! 

Masterpiece Cuisine – A Overall everyone liked the food.  I thought it was pretty good, some items better than others.  Scott and Josh were great to work with.  There was definitely more than enough food, and we were 2 people over what we paid for.  The only downfall was they didn’t leave enough plates which we were a little baffled by.  We ended up having to use some of the cake plates.  Reviews of the food we had: Jack Daniels Meatballs – A+ Everyone loved theseSpinach and Artichoke Dip – A+ This was my faveCrab Cakes – C They tasted kinda fishy unfortunatelyBourbon Chicken Skewers – AChipotle Angus Skewers – AMini Mac & Cheese – C these were pretty dry, at least when I tried them, there was a decent amount leftCedar Plank Shrimp Skewers – A (everyone liked this, I did not have one though as I don’t like cold shrimp, I thought they were warm)Chicken Brushetta – A+  Very good 

Absolute Beverage/Greg – A+ They were great to work with and even matched Culinary Pros prices.  Greg was very personable, at times may have tried a little too hard, but we said we’d rather have someone more outgoing than not.  He even gave us a cocktail shaker to take home. Cause he said he saw my emails where I stressed that we for sure needed one, lol.  Highly recommend them and Greg. 

Bently & Wilson – A+ Todd was great as always, he started snapping away right away and took a lot of pics.  He was very personable and made us feel at ease, very easy going which was nice.  Some calm in the craziness.  I had a list of things I wanted him to take, and I think he got most of them.  Some were missed, but that’s ok cause I had a lotJ  Can’t wait to see the pics, I’m sure my grade will stay the same after we get them! 

Fit for a Bride – A+ Debi was great, all our items were perfect.  I think she even threw in my birdcage veil for free to get steamed, granted it was tiny but still.  Awesome vendor like always! 

Jason’s Deli – A+ Delivery was on time, the guy was really nice.  We had the coffee cake sampler, and then some croissant sandwiches.  I only had a piece of the coffee cake which was really good, but I was told the sandwiches were good.  Make sure your wedding party is aware there is food because a decent amount of ours did not get eaten just because everyone was so busy and forgot about the food.  I would maybe order for less. 

Rocket Fizz – A+ We got old fashioned soda bottles for our drink stand.  They have a lot of cute items in this store.  It was $45 for 30 bottles I believe.  I called about a month ahead and she got the order ready for us and made sure everything was in stock. 

Great Harvest Bread Co. – A+ We got giant oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies from  here for one of our favors.  They were huge, and very good and fresh. 

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in the Orleans hotel – A+ Our big knot pretzel dipped in caramel and chocolate were from here for one of our favors.  They were very good and looked exactly how we wanted them to (they aren’t a normal item).   Great communication.  Highly recommend.

Re: Reviews - The GOOD/AMAZING! (longgg)

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews Sara! I can't wait to see pics!!!

What did you pay to rent all the stuff from Rsvp?
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-goodamazing-longgg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d6bf8ae5-1001-46b7-9faa-c24cfa00e12cPost:65e89f8f-98b4-490d-8a38-d34186be32b2">Re: Reviews - The GOOD/AMAZING! (longgg)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the reviews Sara! I can't wait to see pics!!! What did you pay to rent all the stuff from Rsvp?
    Posted by CamilleJon[/QUOTE]

Links to pics in a below post:)

It was like $155 total, BUT add on that delivery fee to that, trust me, worth it!  Especially if you get high tops, chairs etc.
  • justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the uplighting looked great!! love the pink :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Do you mind me asking how many lights you rented and how much you paid for them? 
    A work in progress: MY PLANNING BIO Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-goodamazing-longgg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d6bf8ae5-1001-46b7-9faa-c24cfa00e12cPost:cf8357af-41a9-4775-a48f-508ec2670b60">Re: Reviews - The GOOD/AMAZING! (longgg)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you mind me asking how many lights you rented and how much you paid for them? 
    Posted by AnaC09[/QUOTE]

It was $300 for 10 lights but he said he'd bring a couple more if he needed them, no clue how many he ended up using though.  That price was the cheapest by far by any of the other vendors I contacted.  Def. worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats again, Sara!!!  It seems like you had a fabulous wedding, even if there were a few disappointments. 

Do you have any other recommendations for things you did outside of the wedding itself?  Restaurants you tried, etc?

When are you going on your HM? :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-goodamazing-longgg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d6bf8ae5-1001-46b7-9faa-c24cfa00e12cPost:f0a58527-1fe7-4e0d-b8ae-9af99fe84ad2">Re: Reviews - The GOOD/AMAZING! (longgg)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats again, Sara!!!  It seems like you had a fabulous wedding, even if there were a few disappointments.  Do you have any other recommendations for things you did outside of the wedding itself?  Restaurants you tried, etc? When are you going on your HM? :)
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

Thanks Cheryl!:) 

Well I wish we did!:)  We didn't really do anything vacation like the whole time we were there, it was just all wedding stuff mostly.  Sat. night we went to the Food and Wine Festival which was fun, but I was so tired I just want back to the hotel after (DH stayed out with friends/drank/gambled).  Hmm what else, I really liked my pancakes at TheHotel cafe and the Burger Bar at MB was good.  That was the gist of our events though.  I think we are going to go back for our anniversary to do some of the things and eat at some of the places we wanted to.

With that said, I cannot wait for our HM and to actually relax!  We go the first week in Dec., Sat. to Sat. and we are staying at Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa Del Carmen.  Can't come soon enough!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you didn't have more time to relax!  It's good that you have the HM though - that sounds INSANE (in a great way)!

I'm sort of obsessed with Burger Bar :)  I can't wait to go back!  And the F&W fest sounds super fun :)  We've definitely talked about going once a year... we really want to stay at different hotels (Cosmo's next!).

Congrats again :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-goodamazing-longgg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d6bf8ae5-1001-46b7-9faa-c24cfa00e12cPost:a5fdf6d5-7be4-4595-8243-b3874f7fed5b">Re: Reviews - The GOOD/AMAZING! (longgg)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reviews - The GOOD/AMAZING! (longgg) : It was $300 for 10 lights but he said he'd bring a couple more if he needed them, no clue how many he ended up using though.  That price was the cheapest by far by any of the other vendors I contacted.  Def. worth it!
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank yoU!!! I think will do them for sure! My colors and silver & hot pink so those lights will look wonderful! Thanks again!</div>
    A work in progress: MY PLANNING BIO Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    RSVP Rentals – A+ Great vendor.  Everything was there that we needed when my BM picked it all up. We got 5 high tops w/linens (highly recommended for an in-suite as people congregated at the tables), 20 martini glasses for the signature drink, 2 coolers and 2 party tubs which were all used, 10 folding chairs, some water goblets for mimosas in the morning, old fashioned glass for the straws.  When we returned the items, a folding chair was missing (no clue), and a glass was broken that we did know about.  They didn’t charge us for either, which was so nice.  Highly recommend. **If you get rental items like this, PAY the delivery charge, picking up and dropping off and switching rooms etc. was such a hassle, and not to mention what we tipped the bell people pretty much added up to the delivery charge anyways!

I completely agree, awesome vendor, I am not sure the delivery is the best choice though. I got a strange email from RSVP when I was pricing things out and they had this  "waiting fee" where you had to pay a certain amount if the loading dock wasn't ready for them to accept the delivery. Also, they required a contact or reccomened a contact at the hotel Since I was doing an in suite , I didn't feel compfortable having someone from the hotel know about the party ( I know it sounds shady, but I didn;t want to risk any problems :) ) For all the brides renting, I would just double check on this. Happy to post the email I got too. . .

Sara, awesome reviews!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards