Favors

Personalized wedding cd favors

Hi all,

I am thinking of putting our some of our wedding music on a cd for our favor. My FI this is a horrible idea. I thought it was nice idea, especially since we both love music and love to dance. I thought it kinda fit us. what is your take on it??

list would include
walk down the aisle song
intro song
first song
party hits
second song
more party hits
last song

mostly likely will have between 12 -15 songs on it that were played during the night.

Re: Personalized wedding cd favors

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I had friends who did something similar.  They each picked a song that expressed how they felt about the other and then each member of the WP picked a song that had to do with their relationship with the bride or groom.  I personally liked it because it has songs on it I like and don't have anyother copies of.   My mom and step-dad were also guests at the wedding.  My mom didn't know any of the the songs or particularly like them so their CD collected dust till she tossed it. 

Here's the thing you both love music and love to dance.  Definately make the CD for yourselves BUT do the rest of your guests feel the same?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

The favor is always more fun when it goes with the B&G.

• Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't use it; I'd take it to not be rude but it would never get played. People don't necessarily want something about YOUR wedding ceremony.  Sounds like a lot of time and money tied up in a favor that most people will never use.  Give something edible or skip favors completely.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Mrs.B. I would never use something like this. Your guests are not necessarily going to share in your musical taste, so you'll have gone to all the work of selecting songs, etc. for something that people will likely throw away or stick in a drawer.

Stick with edible favors.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to do something like this, not really our ceremony music but some of our favorite love songs with mass appeal.. until I posted it on my local board for song ideas and many of the ladies mentioned this is illegal unless you own the rights to the songs.  Maybe this isn't a big deal to you, but it was a deciding factor for me and we are going with something else.  Something to think about.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with your FI.  This is time and effort spent for little to no gain.  I would leave the CD behind.  Music is a personal choice.  I'm a professional musician, but there's absolutely no guarantee that I'm going to want your wedding music on a CD. 

I often get "personal" burned CD's as Christmas/year end gifts from the families of my students.  I write lovely TY's to them.  And I toss the CD.

For further opinion on CD favors, please look at the sticky at the top of the page.

Sorry:  I vote no for CD favors.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I vote no too.  I'd never play it.  I would be much more likely to play a CD of old standards and love songs, etc.--however I am just one person and this is something that is hard to customize to appeal to everyone.  I think you'd be putting alot of time and effort into something that really won't matter to your guests.
  • edited December 2011
    personally i woudn't probably bring this favor home people all have radical taste in music and if I don't like what you picked then I have a coaster..
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the thing.  Nobody (except maybe your mother) is going to care about this music and I'd wager that it never gets played by anyone else.  I've been to weddings where these were given as favors and they immediately went in my trash can when I got home.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would only like it if I was either a very close friend/relative or in the WP.  Otherwise I could do without the soundtrack to your wedding.  Remember that the wedding is a momentous day in your life, but to me as a guest it's not a momentous day in mine.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend who received a cd favor at a wedding and she told me she plays it all the time... personally I would probably never listen to it.

My FI was in a wedding party and the bride and groom gave us a CD of wedding pictures and I've never even looked at it and he was in it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards