Snarky Brides
Options

So... Whatcha doin??

Re: So... Whatcha doin??

• Options
    Some dude on Twitter just irritated me. I made a post about a website annoying me by disabling my back button, so I wouldn't buy from them, ever. Guy responds that holding a grudge is bad and takes too much energy, and forgiveness is easier.

Dude. Don't preach at me. Especially over a freaking back button post.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:5734c4cf-7a1c-43cb-9a34-c68db8fdfcbc">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some dude on Twitter just irritated me. I made a post about a website annoying me by disabling my back button, so I wouldn't buy from them, ever. <strong><u>Guy responds that holding a grudge is bad and takes too much energy</u></strong>, and forgiveness is easier. Dude. Don't preach at me. Especially over a freaking back button post.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

When people say that to me I want to punch them in the face.  For real.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Oh.  I also cut 4 inches off my hair today.  Next visit is back to blonde.  Im excited.  I miss blonde.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oh who the hell is he?! the dalai lama of the internet?! What a tool
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:d38b375d-03a4-41d1-956b-086e46759a50">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]The comic world is very confusing to me, based on things like that. it just seems so very unjust to me. Greedy asshole corporations.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as to how the guy's contract was set up in the beginning, or if he even had one. I mean, some artists and writers willingly sign over their rights (like authors do for movies) for a price, and that's all you get, plus royalties. So if this guy signed over his rights to the pieces, then technically he doesn't own them. But at the same time, anyone can sell comics and art so I'm not sure why whatever he owned (assuming it was personal property) he wouldn't have the rights to.
  • Options
    Ha, I said it wasn't a grudge, just taking a stand against bad business practices and he responded with "Taking a stand in life is powerful, not all have the courage to stick to it. Your passion is a gift continue to live it."

He's a motivational speaker or something.
  • Options
    chirpchirpchirpchirp member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    4 Inches is quite a bit, Blue.  I bet it feels a lot lighter.  I'm considering going back to blonde too. I've been letting my highlights grow out and my hair is my natural color again, which in the winter means dark, dirty blonde.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:e18898c7-c2ef-4932-9155-3aade62bb544">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So... Whatcha doin?? : I'm curious as to how the guy's contract was set up in the beginning, or if he even had one. I mean, some artists and writers willingly sign over their rights (like authors do for movies) for a price, and that's all you get, plus royalties. So if this guy signed over his rights to the pieces, then technically he doesn't own them. But at the same time, anyone can sell comics and art so I'm not sure why whatever he owned (assuming it was personal property) he wouldn't have the rights to.
    Adam says: He wanted a cut for movie money because he created ghost rider, so he sued them, but he "didnt deserve it" because he was work for hire which means marvel owns it. Which is fine. The issue is that Marvel counter sued him 17K because of some prints he sold at conventions over the years and he is broke and in his 70s and about to lose his house.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:5622e264-910d-4cb3-ad38-a6e3cc89da29">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]4 Inches is quite a bit, Blue.  I bet it feels a lot lighter.  I'm considering going back to blonde too. I've been letting my highlights grow out and my hair is my natural color again, which in the winter mean dark, dirty blonde.
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

Its still past my bra-strap.  My hair grows like a weed and I like to keep it long.  It had just been a long time since my last cut and was stupid long.  Like a horses mane.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:47d89dd8-aec5-4077-85ac-07a72f3db0af">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, I said it wasn't a grudge, just taking a stand against bad business practices and he responded with "Taking a stand in life is powerful, not all have the courage to stick to it. Your passion is a gift continue to live it." He's a motivational speaker or something.

People like that annoy me.

I need to cut my hair so bad, the ends are terrible. I also need it dyed. I'm naturally very blonde but its been coming in so ashy lately, I hate it. I want to be platinum again.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:71d8ec60-6b19-48fe-a277-5a8af0847ddc">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So... Whatcha doin?? : Adam says: He wanted a cut for movie money because he created ghost rider, so he sued them, but he "didnt deserve it" because he was work for hire which means marvel owns it. Which is fine. The issue is that Marvel counter sued him 17K because of some prints he sold at conventions over the years and he is broke and in his 70s and about to lose his house.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

But did he own the prints? I'm trying to understand how that works. Like, if I sold movie rights to my book, I could still sell my own book and not owe the production company a penny.

So did he own the prints? Were they created after the comic (like something he did on his own time afterwards)? Regardless, I think it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:65f26bea-8255-40d5-b27d-220e67533996">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So... Whatcha doin?? : Its still past my bra-strap.  My hair grows like a weed and I like to keep it long.  It had just been a long time since my last cut and was stupid long.  Like a horses mane.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>I wish I could have long hair. It just doesn't suit me or my hair type. </div>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Oh, Adam doesnt know apparently. So im nto sure.
  • Options
    Hey y'all - I pretty much got flamed off the E board today.  Hope you don't mind if I join in on the convo. 

Your hair is so pretty, Blue!  I wish mine grew as quickly as yours did.  Takes me almost a year to get a few inches. 

FI and I are playing Rock Band tonight and snuggling with the puppies.  We did our first registry tonight at BBB.  It was fun but oddly stressful when it came down to choosing bedroom colors and things like that.
  • Options
    Chirp-  a before and after.

This pic was taken back in October so it had grown even longer since then

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:65f26bea-8255-40d5-b27d-220e67533996">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So... Whatcha doin?? : Its still past my bra-strap.  My hair grows like a weed and I like to keep it long.  It had just been a long time since my last cut and was stupid long.  Like a horses mane.

<div>I am a seething mass of envy right now.</div><div>
    </div><div>Earlier this week I went to get my hair colored and when they put me in the dryer I was right in front of this little girl with a giant mass of thick, curly long long hair and I was just green with envy.</div><div>
    </div><div>My hair envy is so irrational.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: your pics just doubled my hair envy :(</div>
  • Options
    No offence kwilliams but we arent exactly the E rejects board or anything like that.
  • Options
    Blue your hair is about as long as mine is now. I just had it trimmed recently too.

Kwilliams, I wouldn't say you were flamed off the E board. Lots of posters get their ass handed to them. Doesn't mean you have to leave.
  • Options
    Holy crap, Blue.  Your hair is long.  I can't pull off long hair, it just ends up looking flat and stringy.  So I rock the chin length bob.  Oh well.

And Kwill, really? Overdramatic much?
  • Options
    Haha.  I know you're not, Nebb.  Just lookin for a different group of girls to talk to.  But if y'all don't want to play either - fine by me.
  • Options
    I loved the dark hair when she did it.  I hate it now.  I was thinking about going a shocking red, but since my hair grows so fast it would be too hard to maintain.  My hair is dark blonde naturally so going light blonde is easy to keep up with.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:b58b0e64-0ac5-4ecf-85eb-d8a40fbeaf70">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I loved the dark hair when she did it.  I hate it now.  I was thinking about going a shocking red, but since my hair grows so fast it would be too hard to maintain.  My hair is dark blonde naturally so going light blonde is easy to keep up with.

<div>Low maintainance is definately the way to go, but the brown is gorgeous.</div>
  • Options
    Kwilliams- just dont go crazy pants and you are fine with me.  But word of advice: dont go all "I hate E!" over here either.  Cause we dont like that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also Blue, if you naturally have lighter hair, going red is really, really, really hard to ever get out.  I dyed my hair dark red when I was 17-19 and I had to grow it all out because every color I tried to put on top of it would take on a redish tint.  Strawberry blonde (orange...) isn't my color.
  • Options
    I sorta hope deep down that newbs, or kwilliam, hear bill paxton in their head when I talk. Its a dream of mine.
  • Options
    Not trying to hate on anyone.  Or be overdramatic.  Just wanted to join in. 
  • Options
    Kwilliams- we have a lot of NC gals here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-whatcha-doin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bd950fe4-c832-4e05-a820-616d8c8a06ecPost:b722e4c1-fdb3-4d00-a200-466e256ac968">Re: So... Whatcha doin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kwilliams- we have a lot of NC gals here.

Glad to hear it.  Been here my whole life.  Probably a little sheltered because of it, but I love it nonetheless. 
  • Options
    I read everyone's posts in my own voice, which means I pretend that all y'all talk just like I do. but if it makes you feel better, nebb, I'll channel Bill for you.
  • Options
    I used to go from light to dark every six months to a year or so, but I've kept it blonde for 2 years. I'm getting bored with it now, but I also want to stay blonde so I don't know what to do with it. I love it dark, but I'm attached to blonde more than I used to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards