New Mexico

Out of Town Gift Bags

We are starting to work on gift bags for our out of town guests and I think I want to keep them New Mexico themed. So far we are thinking chips and salsa (any recommendations?), homemade biscochitos, and bottled water. We will also include some info about the area and the event. What else should we include? I would especially love to hear NM ideas! Thanks so much for your help! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Out of Town Gift Bags

• BeazillaBeazilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good. If you need brochures, the visitors center in Old Town can give you a bunch.
  • SandiaLizSandiaLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! We have some but will probably need more! 

Beazilla, I think I have seen you over on the July boards. We are almost date twins! Where are you getting married? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There are some books at Costco that are on NM and may be interesting (i.e. Roadside History, NM Scenic Drives, etc.). We just picked some up for our out of town guests.
  • BeazillaBeazilla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-mexico_out-of-town-gift-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:130Discussion:70503b73-38f6-407e-b8cf-4f7d19563631Post:94aa956f-cd56-4caf-b347-8ed958623ad6">Re: Out of Town Gift Bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! We have some but will probably need more!  Beazilla, I think I have seen you over on the July boards. We are almost date twins! Where are you getting married? 
    Posted by SandiaLiz[/QUOTE]
    We are almost date twins. I'm at UNM and Sandia Resort. How about you?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are at the Botanic Gardens and the Shark Reef at the Aquarium. That is going to be a fab weekend for the two of us!!! :-) I looked at Sandia...it was gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we did nambe ornaments and bischochitos from golden crowne (about $4/dz) and I went to a few hotels and got the Albuquerque visitors magazine, the wine passport, and brochures for: the museums, old town, atomic museum, local wineries and the railrunner schedule broch.  plus a welcome note from us with the important times and a list of our favorite restaurants in Old Town & Downtown (where the wedding was held)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! We hadn't thought of the railrunner schedule! Thanks! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

These are great ideas for out of town guests! Love the biscochitos idea.

Are any of you doing welcome bags for hotel guests that are not coming from out of town (i.e. people who live in ABQ but will be staying at the hotel so they don't drink & drive)?

• Moonbeam81Moonbeam81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Biscochitos are a great idea! We are thinking of green chile peanut or pistacio brittle for the food portion and perhaps local nm mexican honey. Love all the ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards