New Jersey

Il Tulipano Vs. Il Villaggio

Any reviews?  Any comments?

Re: Il Tulipano Vs. Il Villaggio

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Il Villaggio next month so I can't tell you much now. We are going for a tasting at the end of the month.
    The only thing I know about both places is they hold one event at a time so you would have the venue all to yourself.
    I've never been to either so is hard to compare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

I've been to a wedding at Il Tulipano and many events (before and after renovations) at Il Villagio. In my opinion, you have a nicer atmosphere/scenery outside at Tuilpano, but I like the inside and the food is better at Villagio.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Daniellee1Daniellee1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Il Tulipano in Sept so far we went to the food tasting and thought everything was really good. Of course I might feel that way because we picked that venue. But Donald at Il Tulipano has been soo nice and helpfully with everything. I am really happy so far with our choice.
  • LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My vote is for Il Tulipano.  I like the outdoor space there.   I think the food is very slightly better at Il Tulipano but I have heard they nickle and dime you for add ons to the menu.  Did you look at Season's?

• karend66karend66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just chose Il Tulipano for my wedding in Oct. I loved everything about it! It's so beautiful inside and outside. I like the idea of being the only wedding at the time. The menu looks fantastic and people who have been there for a function raved about it.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree about the outdoor space of the Il Tulipano but I don't want it to be my deciding factor because what if it rains?  Ugh I don't know what to do.
  • edited December 2011
    Even if it rains, you have run of the whole place and every room, you can set something up unique for the cocktail hour.

FYI it rained during our wedding, and by the time the cocktail hour started it was drizzling.....people STILL brought their food outside.  They dried off all the chairs, and the huge umbrellas kept everyone dry.  The guests really liked it.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    Skittle27: have you been to a wedding at the Il Villaggio?  Because I am wondering about the flow of the cocktail hour. I was afraid my guests would be milling around the  lobby by the front door and the hallway.   I hope you have some insight on that.  I am having about 150-180 I am not sure if there is enough space for all the guests to have a spot within the two spaces they hold the cocktail hour.

Yusi19:  Good luck with your wedding.  The room is so nice.  I heard the food is great.  How many people are you having?  Maybe you have some insight on my concern above. 
  • edited December 2011
    I booked my wedding in October at Il Tulipano too. I wasn't nickled and dimed and Vincent was incredibly helpful. At the bridal shows I've gone to when asked where my venue is, the vendors all rave about the food and the piazza. I'm very excited!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding there post-renovation. I would imagine that's something the banquet manager can answer though.

I know what you mean, there's a big difference between "accomodating" and our idea of "good flow".

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the IL Villiaggio in September.. I was told that they do keep the restuarante open to the public during the wedding....I am getting married on a Saturday.
  • edited December 2011
    I did book the Il Villaggio too,  Let me know how you wedding works out!
  • flobabe28flobabe28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello girls, I just booked Il Villaggio yesterday and am soo excited to start working all the details together! John has been so helpful so far, anyone have the same experience so far? The place it beautiful I think, except there no really great areas for photo ops except inside.... has anyone been to a wedding there recently? just curious, ive read only a few online review and all seem positive, but just curious if any of you have experienced a wedding at Il Villaggio first hand...
    They were having a shower there yesterday in the cocktail room and it looked nice, plus the ballroom was decorated beautifully for a wedding...let me know..

Also, Il Tulipano is beautiful, went to a holiday party a few years ago and it was niiice!
  • edited December 2011

When is you wedding?  Mine is next May at the Il Villaggio.  I am working with Bob.  I've met John a few times when I was with Bob.  John seems great. 

• edited December 2011

When is your wedding date?  Did you work with Bob?  He is fantastic!

• edited December 2011

My wedding is in Sept  2010, and Bob has been the person that I have been working with. He is fantastic! I never in a million years would of expected the services and kindness he has been with me and my fiancee'   He has gone over and beyond his call of duty!

How is your experience going?  Did you get a chance to see the outide area where they ahve the gazebo? 

• Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also planning on booking a July 2011 wedding at Il Villaggios.  I have been working with John and he is absolutly great!
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is May 2011.  I am also working with Bob.  Yes, I saw the outside section.   I know another girl on the knot was getting married there this month and I can't wait to read her reviews.
    edited December 2011
    Hi Flobabe....I see that you are booked for July 23rd....it's funny because you know how IlVillaggio lets you "hold" a date...well I had July 23rd as my hold date....I then called him up and switched it to the 30th.  I actually met with John tonight and he told me that not long after I switched the date he had someone book the 23rd.  I guess that someone was you!  I am booked for the weekend after you...the 30th :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    467763937508216 , sorry cant see your name...yes we booked for 7/23...when we went there we actually wanted 7/30 but it was on hold for someone else too! i think we both beat each other to the dates lol! Good luck with all your planning! : )
    edited December 2011
    Yea...when I first went in I had John hold the 23rd for me...but then changed my mind a week later and decided I wanted the 30th.  I called him and asked him if he could change my hold date to the 30th.  He's been so great!  I absolutly love the place.  Did you go with the viennese?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi again, yes we went with the viennese..i HAD to have my viennese..
    Did you go with the viennese also?
    edited December 2011
    Yes...it was a must for my parents!  In fact one reason we picked the place was the fact that they had such an extensive one.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How was your wedding at Il Villaggio? Let us know! thanks

• edited December 2011
    Hello,

I'm new to this website as I just was engaged a month ago. I've started looking at a few places and two of them that are high are these two. I checked out Il Tulipano first and I absolutely loved it. I'm just curious about the food. I come from an Italian family who highly critiques food. So I'm a bit worries about that aspect. I'm going to visit Il Villagion tomorrow since I've heard good things about it. Can anyone give me any review of these place as far as food and prices? I hope for it to be on a Sunday in July 11.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Il Tulipano.  Have no worries about the food.  I too come from an Italian family that are used to over the top functions.  Many guests came to me during the reception and said....if it ended with the cocktail hour, it would of been enough.  BTW we extended our cocktail hour to 1.5 hours.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anyone been to a wedding at il villaggio recently? im getting married there next year, i hear the food is amazing! but still havent found any wedding reviews..please let me know, so curious! thanks! : )   flo
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yusi19-- so how did your wedding turn out???? let us know!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

yusi- i forgot to ask- did you use any of the vendors john suggested? A few of them have actaully reached out to me and they all seen willing to work with us..but im just curious who u used for flowers, pix, video...thanksKiss

• altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Il Villaggio for Nov 2011, I fell in love with this place the first time I saw it. Went to a few places afterwards but came back for a second look and knew this was the place. I also went with the Viennese hour and extended my cocktail hour, we are getting married there and did not want guests wandering around or paying for drinks for 30 minutes etc. I am working with John and he is fantastic, very accomodating and we are going with the photographer he recommended. Our tasting is in 3 weeks so we are really excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards