Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Lunch poll

So all the ladies in my office are in a tizzy because our bosses turned the lunch table into a meetings/conference only area.  I think it's hilarious but I never eat with them anyway.  What do you do?

Re: Lunch poll

• Options
    My boss's wife cooks every day. (We work out of his home.) It's free and delicious.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I remember you telling us that, and I am still jealous, LC :)
  • Options
    I eat at my desk. In fact, I just had a DiGiorno 200 caloroie pizza serving. I used to go to the cafeteria to get a to go box and eat outside with a friend, but her position was eliminated last month, and the cafeteria food is way too good. I haven't been this semester at all, trying to stop eating so much at lunch time.

If I ate in the breakroom, I couldn't Knot while i eat!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I typically don't eat lunch, but if I do I eat it at my desk while I continue to work.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    At my desk because the people in the break room are obnoxious. Once in a while a co-worker and I will go out for lunch, which is nice.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    I'm sort of anti-social, so I either eat at my desk, or if I go out for lunch, it's usually with my mom, who works in another building on base. I don't really like eating with work people.
  • Options
    I shut the door and eat in my office.  If I leave my door open I'll get bombarded mid-bite. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I eat at my desk, or use lunch time to run errands and just eat while I'm out.

I hate eating at my desk because then it makes me day feel so much longer.  I usually get to work at 7, and don't leave until 5 or 5:30, so it's just a lot of hours sitting inside in front of a computer.
  • Options
    I eat at my desk.  It's just easier.  On occassion, I'll join my suite mates in an off-site lunch, but that's fairly rare.
  • Options
    We have a really big common room where students, staff, and some professors come to eat lunch, with one long table down the middle. It has tea and coffee and a microwave, and I usally go there for lunch. It's a bad place to study, though...

If I'm working in the specialty library, I'll just eat my lunch out by the lockers, or go down to the coffee shop on the first floor to buy a cup of something hot and caffeinated.

Sometimes I go to a pub with a friend with whom I'm collaborating on some projects, if we're desperately in need thereof.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    my desk lately because ive been so busy.  but mostly the same people eat in the lunch room together.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunch-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cc65c3be-fe7f-4a51-9d4f-e857b770f7faPost:83870475-bba1-4cba-a694-1fda76c865f5">Re: Lunch poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I shut the door and eat in my office.  If I leave my door open I'll get bombarded mid-bite. 
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

I love when people start asking me to do something while they see me shoving food in my face, then they stop and say, "Oh are you still at lunch?" 

<span>No dipwad, I just happen to be stuffing my mouth at 12something for the fun of it.

I wish I had a door.</span>
  • Options
    I'm surprised so many people eat at their desk.  Not be be all "mom" on you, but eating at your desk is really unhealthy. 
  • Options
    We aren't allowed to leave to building for lunch. Sometimes I eat at my desk, sometimes I eat while on lunch duty (making sure the low-life freshmen don't vandalize the snack machines and checking all hall passes), sometimes I eat in the math office. Depends on how anti-social I am feeling at the time.
  • Options
    I work from 9am to 1pm and then go straight to class until 6 or 7, so I usually eat at my desk so I can get work done. :/

On the plus side, it keeps me from spending a lot of money going out to lunch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunch-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cc65c3be-fe7f-4a51-9d4f-e857b770f7faPost:8c58abbd-1427-419d-a1fa-07ff9ace8108">Re: Lunch poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised so many people eat at their desk.  Not be be all "mom" on you, but eating at your desk is really unhealthy. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Unhealthy because you are just sitting there digesting and not moving around at all?  I'm intrigued.
  • Options
    I eat at my desk unless I can meet up with Heels. She makes lunch magical. We have our own mean girls table and Heathers polls and everything.
  • Options
    I used to sit and work with my co workers until I decided over time that I don't like most of them. So now I eat at the table, and then go into my office and "catch up on paperwork."
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    i eat at my desk, almost always.  i work in a really small office so there isn't really anyone to lunch with.  i do go out and take a walk/run errands usually before i eat.
    Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    I'm surprised so many people eat at their desk.  Not be be all "mom" on you, but eating at your desk is really unhealthy. 
    Posted by goheels05

Its unhealthy because of all the bacteria on the keyboard and desk itself. I can't eat at my desk. No food is allowed in the call center, but we do have a very nice break room with tea, coffee, microwaves,and reffidgerators. We also have a flat screen tv in there as well. So, I just eat with whover is there at the time. It's usually the same few people.
  • Options
    Unless we go to the first floor or another area of campus, there's no option here other than to eat at your desk.
  • Options
    I almost always go out with the same person. Other people in the office make fun of us for it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunch-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cc65c3be-fe7f-4a51-9d4f-e857b770f7faPost:2b42c4ca-043e-4e98-a8ee-8b0609331714">Re: Lunch poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its unhealthy because of all the bacteria on the keyboard and desk itself. Posted by suedoe[/QUOTE]

Well, I wash my hands right before I eat.  I'm not rolling out dough on my desk or anything, my food does not touch the surface at all.  I wipe down my keyboard/mouse/everything a few times a week with an antibacterial wipe, and I'm the only person who sits here...so I'm not seeing how this is any worse than being in any other public place or even at home?
  • Options
    When I bring lunch I eat at my desk. I used to go in one of the conference rooms so I could read and relax a bit, but those got converted into an area for testers and the music/audio recording studio, with only one conf. room left that has been jam-packed with meetings lately.

Otherwise I got out, get food, run errands, etc. Sometimes alone, sometimes with other people. I also periodically go to the Humane Society to sit with the dogs and then eat at my desk when I get back.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunch-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cc65c3be-fe7f-4a51-9d4f-e857b770f7faPost:2b42c4ca-043e-4e98-a8ee-8b0609331714">Re: Lunch poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised so many people eat at their desk.  Not be be all "mom" on you, but eating at your desk is really unhealthy.  Posted by goheels05 Its unhealthy because of all the bacteria on the keyboard and desk itself. I can't eat at my desk. No food is allowed in the call center, but we do have a very nice break room with tea, coffee, microwaves,and reffidgerators. We also have a flat screen tv in there as well. So, I just eat with whover is there at the time. It's usually the same few people.
    Posted by suedoe[/QUOTE]

I'd rather ingest my own germs from my keyboard than the communal germs of my various co-workers pawing at the microwave and community table.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunch-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cc65c3be-fe7f-4a51-9d4f-e857b770f7faPost:83870475-bba1-4cba-a694-1fda76c865f5">Re: Lunch poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I shut the door and eat in my office.  If I leave my door open I'll get bombarded mid-bite. 
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]
    I'll admit I do this to my coworkers, but it's because no one in my department takes a lunch.  If do eat during the day you're doing it while still on the clock (the coworkers I do it to rarely even put in their 8 hours daily, so I don't feel bad at all).

As for the germ thing, if I eat I usually have a granola bar, hold it by the wrapper, and don't set it down on my desk, so I'm not too concerned.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Ditto kate. I clean my work area fairly often, so I don't think it's any "dirtier" than anywhere else I'd eat. I know it's cleaner than the nasty common areas around here.
  • Options
    ugh, I had my new (horrible) manager walk right into my cube, behind my chair, and pick up my WiiMote then ask "So, what do you have to show me right now?" all while I had a plate of food in front of me and the fork halfway to my mouth.  I just about lost it with him right then. Especially because I get paid hourly, not salary like most people, so I have to technically clock out for lunch and don't get paid for that time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm still wondering if Heelsy was talking about a germ standpoint or a nutrition one?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunch-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cc65c3be-fe7f-4a51-9d4f-e857b770f7faPost:1d3a2841-4e6c-44c5-bdbb-3f0fe015e31c">Re: Lunch poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still wondering if Heelsy was talking about a germ standpoint or a nutrition one?
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry, I was talking about germs.  Your desk is filthy.  It's worse than eating while sitting on the toilet, from what I have heard. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards