New Mexico

Unconventional Wedding

Planning a wedding with my sister and her fiance, yes a double wedding. Any ideas, comments, suggestions?

Re: Unconventional Wedding

• Um, don't do it? That's my opinion cause I have a sister that I love, but I know we'd never be able to share the spotlight on our special day. . . .  But if you and your sister can pull it off and you really want to, then go for it I suppose. If you have a lot of mutual friends, then I suppose that will help with the guest list, but remember, you'll also have to invite your FI's family and friends, as well as your sister's FI's family and friends, which makes for THREE sets of family and friends, provided that you and your sister would be inviting the same set of people. It can get really complicated really fast, so IMO, don't do it, unless maybe you're going to elope or have a DW with a VERY small guest list.

• I would do something in the Spring outside so it can be a little less formal, since you are mixing three families!  Good luck and definitely post pics after!
  • Thanks for the tips so far things are going great we're actually planning for October with fall colors. We've both agreed on everything thus far...we'll see how the rest goes!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-mexico_unconventional-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:130Discussion:00c46182-7059-4ea7-8225-deb61adeea76Post:ddf87954-fdcc-485d-8f42-ccb89094d9bc">Re: Unconventional Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the tips so far things are going great we're actually planning for October with fall colors. We've both agreed on everything thus far...we'll see how the rest goes!
    Posted by andala23[/QUOTE]

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards