Connecticut

Worthington Pond Farm or Webb Barn?

Who has had weddings at these places?

Right now, Worthington Pond Farm is $4000 (on a Friday, 2012) for 12pm to 10pm and includes tables, chairs, dance floors, and use of the gardens, covered bridge, area by the garden for a ceremony and allow outside caterers. I've emailed them back with a few questions (any extra fee for the ceremony) and no response just yet.

Webb Barn is $2,500 for a Friday with $500 per hour afterwards for up to 2 extra hours, which I would do, bringing the cost to $3,500. Includes tables and chairs, allows outside caterers, no extra fee for ceremony.

I LOVE the atmosphere of Webb Barn and is it close to my home (about 20 minutes) versus slightly over an hour for WPFG. I love the barn and the rustic feel. But Worthington Pond Farm is gorgeous too and I like that you get use of their entire grounds for just about the entire day! I think the ceremony by one of their ponds would be nice, at Webb Barn it would be in front of a huge tree with the barn in the background. Both places would allow my dogs to be there too.

Any suggestions/experience?

Re: Worthington Pond Farm or Webb Barn?

• Worthington Pond Farm includes the ceremony in the price, so 8 hours, plus the ceremony and use of the grounds, one wedding per day for $4,000.

Oh yeah, Webb Barn would be 6 hours, with both places, it ends at 10pm but I hear Webb Barn is very strict about that.
  • I've never been to either place, but based off your description it seems that Worthington Pond Farm might be the better option... If Webb Barn is as strict as they seem, do you really want to deal with them up your butt all night, or being pushy?
  • id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    webb barn is beauutifull! And so is the pond farm, iv been to weddings at both. 
    Maybe you should dig a little deeper, how are you going to get there? Are you hiring a limo? Where are you getting ready? at your house? If you are getting ready at your house and you have the wedding at webb barn then you only have a 20 min drive to get to the ceremony, which gives you more time in your day before the wedding, also i dont think you would have to worry about traffic so much either. And I think a limo/bus would be cheaper for a shorter drive. etc etc. And then if you plan for a wedding at the other place and you want to get ready in a hotel it might cost you more for the room to check in early etc.
    Just some things to think about.
    Also, who has better indoor space for a indoor ceremony if you have bad weather?
    Just some other things to consider!
  • I'm not sure how strict Webb actually is, just based off what other brides have on this board.

Worthington gives you from 12pm-10pm (10 hours) and gives you access to their "warming house" to get ready. The whole wedding I'm thinking would actually start at like 3ish, quick, short ceremony. Cocktail hour from 3:30-4:30ish, buffet style dinner afterwards, open bar (5 hours I'm thinking, through Two Pour Guys) from 5-10pm, after dinner, dancing from after dinner til 10pm. So WPFG would give me plenty of time, even though it's about an hour away. My dad's best friend owns a limo service, even if we do decide to use that. As for indoor space, it has the covered bridge that seems that it would work really well in case of crappy weather.

Webb barn would be 6 hours, but I could get ready at home. Wedding schedule the same as WPFG. I do think the Barn would be better for bad weather because the doors can be closed. I probably could decorate the night before too and as I said I love the look of the barn. The covered bridge and ceremony area at the other place is really nice too though. GAH! Idk.

I'm going again to look at Webb Barn tomorrow at 11 and Worthington Pond Farm July 4th at 11.
  • edited June 2012
    We are getting married at the Webb Barn, and picked it because even if it rains, the barn is big enough to get married in and then use for the reception and dancing. If you look online, November and December couples have done the entire wedding in the barn... to keep warm! The one interesting about the Webb Barn is that you are not supposed to be there more than an hour before the time you book, HOWEVER, the garden, house, and barn are for PUBLIC use until 4 pm everyday... so, you can go there and take pictures if you want beforehand (if you are doing a first look) and no one can say anything. Katie, the event planner, told us that, so we feel like it is legit :)

Is Worthington a non-profit? We liked that the money we paid for the Webb Barn went towards the preservation of the barn and museum/house. 

I am obviously biased, but you have two amazing locations! Either one will be gorgeous. Also, kfritz, I sent you a PM with the Webb Barn / bartending details!
  • Worthington is organized as for-profit, this is what it says on the website

Worthington Pond Farm & Gardens gives back to the community in Connecticut. Organized as a For-Profit enterprise, Worthington Pond Farm & Gardens will generate income to benefit charitable causes, educational scholarships, protection of the environment, and feeding the hungry and the homeless.

The farm has been used as a summer camp for inner city youth groups, where they have been taught to fish, learn about nature, and just have fun in a stress free environment. Several community groups and school systems utilize the farm for outings and meetings. Cattle have been raised on the farm and the meat donated to many area homeless shelters.

• Hopefully this isn't too late, but the contact for  Worthington Pond Farm and Garden is Christina Morin.  Her e-mail address is christina@worthingtonpondfarm.com.  She is working from home, but was a great help, very sweet, and up-front about what you are looking at.

Happy Planning!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_worthington-pond-farm-or-webb-barn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:cf14bf35-fe5a-4db0-a150-3c6bb2046b54Post:dc158531-87f9-47d2-81b3-e25ccbf82700">Worthington Pond Farm or Webb Barn?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who has had weddings at these places? Right now, Worthington Pond Farm is $4000 (on a Friday, 2012) for 12pm to 10pm and includes tables, chairs, dance floors, and use of the gardens, covered bridge, area by the garden for a ceremony and allow outside caterers. I've emailed them back with a few questions (any extra fee for the ceremony) and no response just yet. Webb Barn is $2,500 for a Friday with $500 per hour afterwards for up to 2 extra hours, which I would do, bringing the cost to $3,500. Includes tables and chairs, allows outside caterers, no extra fee for ceremony. I LOVE the atmosphere of Webb Barn and is it close to my home (about 20 minutes) versus slightly over an hour for WPFG. I love the barn and the rustic feel. But Worthington Pond Farm is gorgeous too and I like that you get use of their entire grounds for just about the entire day! I think the ceremony by one of their ponds would be nice, at Webb Barn it would be in front of a huge tree with the barn in the background. Both places would allow my dogs to be there too. Any suggestions/experience?
    Posted by kfritz36[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards