Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Help! I need a venue for wedding/reception that I can rent for about 500.00! Any ideas?

I am wanting something rustic in the Fort Worth area that will let me bring in food, beer/wine & a dj.

Thanks so much! This is so stressful...

Re: Help! I need a venue for wedding/reception that I can rent for about 500.00! Any ideas?

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought about state or city parks?  I know I went to a wedding at one recently where everything was outdoors (reception at a little pavillion).  Total I think she spent $2,000 on the entire event (including photog, DJ, etc)

Photo inspirations:

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at any park areas?  I know here in Dallas, White Rock Lake's Winfrey Point building rents for $150/hr.  There's also a city-owned venue in Mesquite that rents for $50/hr I think (can't remember the name). My brother had his wedding their years ago and it was surprisingly nice.  My aunt is helping with a wedding there this summer, so I know it is still up-and-running.  So maybe start with some city-owned venues.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't think about parks having some sort of bldg. That's a great idea! It's going to be in November, so I'd like shelter just in case.
  • edited December 2011

For more indoors options, there are community centers and recreation centers in Fort Worth, I believe -- but they're not out there on the web, so you have to call. I think I got as far as finding a list of community centers in Ft W and the phone number to call, but didn't make it any further.

You'd also have to check and make sure the community centers allow you to bring in alcohol. My favorite rec center to recommend in Hurst doesn't allow any alcoholic beverages onsite.

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_need-venue-weddingreception-can-rent-50000-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3f0a7575-6b30-44fe-afb1-e7c86042f20cPost:5d540b2d-c514-4e00-b505-90cd952d8942">Re: Help! I need a venue for wedding/reception that I can rent for about 500.00! Any ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>For more indoors options, there are community centers and recreation centers in Fort Worth, I believe -- but they're not out there on the web, so you have to call</strong>. I think I got as far as finding a list of community centers in Ft W and the phone number to call, but didn't make it any further. You'd also have to check and make sure the community centers allow you to bring in alcohol. My favorite rec center to recommend in Hurst doesn't allow any alcoholic beverages onsite.
    Posted by MarieSD[/QUOTE]

This.  Sorry, that's what i meant by the parks dept -- parks and rec.  Usually can tell you all of the city-owned venues (outdoor or indoor) that you can rent for events.  I tried to find you a link online earlier, but Marie's right -- you have to call.  I did find where they post the pricing, but its just done by # of people attending, not by facility.  Good luck!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards