Christian Weddings

Lip ring advice.

I have been kinda scared to ask this cause I don't want to offend anyone here who is agenst body piercings, but i am courious and just looking for some advice.

I  have a lip ring (i normally wear a studd instead of a hoop), i don't know what to do with it for the wedding day.   Undecided

Should i take it out all together, or put something else in?  What looks best in pictures?  I have had it for a couple of years so i can leave it out for a few weeks without any real problems.  I just don't know what would look best/cutest.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lip ring advice.

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it is who you are and you cant possibly imagine being without it on your wedding day or it creates a noticeable hole when you take it out (I don't know if these do that) then keep it in. If you don't/ can't take it out maybe find a studd that is clear so it isn't as noticeable.

Facial piercings can sometimes look funny in pictures and detract from it. (what is that there? Its so shiny!) If it is just a stud it should be easy to photoshop out of the picture. I notice when people have a lot of facial piercings it does look better in pictures because there is so much of it that it adds to the picture and the persons character.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you talked to your photographer about suggestions?  It seems like it would be fine to wear it but if you want to know what is best for pictures, your photographer might be able to help.  How do you feel about the pictures that you have where you are wearing it?  That may help make your decision too.

In the end, I agree with erollis.  It is a part of who you are and if you don't wear it, you might feel like your pictures are missing something.

• edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous posts.  My first thought was that it might be distracting in photos, but it's silly to not have a part of you with you on your wedding day.  Your photographer should definitely have suggestions for what he/she thinks is best for photos.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_lip-ring-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d5014b1b-32fa-4118-9b1d-8aedeb1148bbPost:5dabb4d7-e725-466a-a39f-007846353a0c">Re: Lip ring advice.</a>:
    [QUOTE] It is a part of who you are and if you don't wear it, you might feel like your pictures are missing something.
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

This. : )

I don't know why it would be an issue in photos.
  • edited December 2011
    Im not against facial piercings, but for the wedding, i would take it out.

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think if it is who you are then leave it in, unless you are super uncomfortable doing that. I'd be concerned about the hole you might have if you take it out...
  • edited December 2011
    With such a special day, I would have to agree with flirtatiousgrk.
    The exception I think would be if you had a noticible hole if you took it out. I hope you have beautiful pictures no matter what you decide!
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should take it out for the wedding. I think you'd get the most classic/timeless look without it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KikoLoveAndiKikoLoveAndi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. I wasn't sure if there was a way to do "classic" with it.  I have seen some pierced brides that pull it off but they have mulitiple piercings.  So i wasn't sure. 

I did kinda want to but wasn't sure of how it would look.  I should be talking to my photographer tomorrow so i will ask him.  Thanks ^_^.
  • KikoLoveAndiKikoLoveAndi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can see it in my sig, its right under my bottem lip, so it kinda looks odd.  I talked to my photogropher and he said which ever was fine with him, so i may get a few shots with it, but i will probably leave it out for the ceromony, (Unless i can get one i really really like before then.)   Thanks so much for the addvice!
  • edited December 2011
    I would take it out. I'm not against body piercings (I had my belly button and nose done) but I'm even planning on taking out some of my earrings for the big day. I normally wear cheap fake diamond studs in my 13 ear piercings (a lot, I know haha) but I don't want to wear them on my wedding day. There is NO WAY I will be able to get that many nice earrings, so I am planning on asking for a nice pair of tear drop earrings for my birthday (a month prior to the wedding to the day) and wearing just one hole. I will probably leave my nose ring in, because I use a teeny tiny diamond. On that note, if you had a tiny diamond or plain stud that looks classy, go for it. But if its something that the classiness won't go with your dress, skip it. Cool
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might look less attractive out than it does in (if it leaves a noticeable mark) so take it out and do a comparison.Or like you mentioned doa few pics with it in and out. IMO, I would take it out for the day if it did not leave an obvious mark but if you would rather keep it in then do so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards