Maine

updates :) (pictures!)

Hey ladies...

Everything has been so crazy lately now that the wedding is less than two months away! wow!  I still have so much to do, but i wanted to share somethings that i did get done :)

I had my bridal shower on sunday.. complete suprise!!!  I had so much fun and was so shocked that they were able to pull it off without me finding out!!  Fiance was in on the whole thing too haha.. i threw on sweatpants that morning determined to hang around the house, and he bribed me to change by taking me to lunch and then on the way there he turned down to my moms house and everyone was there waiting for me! so special.  I only wish i had dressed cuter! i had a dress in my closet all picked out for my shower.. now i have something to wear for the RD i guess.  So exciting! How have you ladies enjoyed your bridal showers? (if you have had them yet.. that is) 

ok now for pictures...
dress came in a couple weeks earlier than they original told me (yay) so here i am in the dress (love the corset back<3), so happy it's here and it fits, just have to have it altered a bit, but sooo excited!

So i went and got my boudoir shots done last week... Tess is amazing! I got some sneak peeks... dont even recognize myself!  I recommend her highly, she did my hair and makeup (side note.. i am one of those people who is extremely picky with makeup... and she was amazing, i felt gorgeous) She made me feel so comfortable, and it was really fun.  I can't wait to show him the album!  So anyway, i am soooo excited with how they turned out, i wanted to share and try to convince you ladies to book with her if you havent yet.. it's worth the money!

Hope all your planning is going well :)
feel free to share your pics and planning progress.. i'd love to see it!
Anniversary

Re: updates :) (pictures!)

• edited December 2011
    Krista girl, those pictures are HOT!  I am seeing Tess this Friday and am sooooooo nervous.  I only hope I can get pictures half as nice as yours.  Wow! 

I love your dress!  It makes it feel so real, doesn't it?!!! 

Congrats on your shower - I'm so happy they were able to surprise you!  I haven't had mine yet but I know it's got to be some time soon.  haha!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Krista521Krista521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    chrispygal:  Thank you so much!!! you will love Tess, she's kinda crazy but the fun kind of crazy that makes you feel comfortable and forget about all the anxiety of taking off your clothes in front of a stranger hahaha!  She is a magician, i promise you will have amazing pictures!! have so much fun :)

The dress makes it feel so real, at first it was the invites, then the rsvps, but really it wasnt this real until the dress when on.. wow!

Enjoy your shower... whenever you do have it!  again.. the whole shower thing made it feel extra real haha... it's almost like this past week i realized i am actually getting married!  The excitement is really hitting me now :)
    Anniversary
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your pictures are amazing!  I wish I had the guts to do something like that.  Maybe if I can get my tush in shape, it might be a first anniversary gift or something!

I had my shower on June 12.  It was NOT a surprise, I don't do surprises!  It was a lot of fun and I felt very spoiled!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you hcorrigan! You should get them done sometime!!  makes a great first anniversary gift with the whole traditional paper gift..  Seriously though, i did hit the gym a little harder before hand, but still im a curvy girl and Tess works her magic with the old photoshop ;) 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Ummm...I'm a size 18 over here hcorrigan so it should be intersting. lol. She told me it's all about angles and lighting.  I'm going on some blind faith here peeps.  Blind faith! 

Married 9.4.11
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    angles and lighting haha exactly.. she will make you look good!  im a 14 and i wouldnt lie to you... after looking at the pictures i didnt feel bigger, just beautiful :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    congrats on the checks! the bpics are amazing! I can't wait to do mine with her in the fall.  I am doing them for FI for our 1st anniversary since it's the paper anniversary.
  • edited December 2011
    your b-photos are awesome! omg. love them!  I was thinking of doing this, can I have the contact info? 
  • edited December 2011
    Those boudoir pics are awesome!! I'm still waiting on getting mine back, so I'm jealous! I hope mine come out as good as yours!!

Edit: And the dress is gorgeous too!! Love that corset back!
  • edited December 2011
    Hot hot hot!!! I think your FI will go crazy!

I had my shower a little while ago. My FI mom, sister and aunt did it for me (my family lives in Germany) and I felt so special! I can't believe I am not getting just the perfect husband for me but also the perfect family :D

I did my B-photos myself. I asked a good friend of mine who does awesome make up and hair (she is now also doing it for my wedding) to take them. She was so excited and I really think they came out great. Plus I was so comfortable with her, since she is a friend. Then I used my own Photoshop skills to do some work on them and now I am really excited. U girls prob. know what I mean. When do you give your FI the album? I was thinking of the night before the wedding when he has to sleep alone, or is that to cruel ;)?

Here are two of my favs:

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!

contact info for tess... i think email is the best way to reach her which you can find on her contact page of her website here
    She got back to me right away through email and you book right online through her site, but here is her email tessjphoto@gmail.com

love the pics Anna_Emig! i'm planning on giving him his give on our wedding night, but good thinking on the night before haha!
    Anniversary
  • ValerieCHValerieCH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_updates-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:0325076b-e536-4591-8279-b17906394d5dPost:63ce3546-ab42-49e5-b9e6-a7c01cbeb799">Re: updates :) (pictures!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]angles and lighting haha exactly.. she will make you look good!  im a 14 and i wouldnt lie to you... after looking at the pictures i didnt feel bigger, just beautiful :)
    Posted by Krista521[/QUOTE]

There is no way you're a 14! You look super tiny! Your pictures are amazing, your fiance is going to flip! I was just researching Tess online and decided to search for her on the Maine board...now I know I'll be using her before my wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my session today - it was so much fun!  She is super nice and made me feel very comfortable!
    Married 9.4.11
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am soo happy that you enjoyed your boudoir pics chrispygal!!! (i posted on your post of them... you are stunning)

and thanks for ValerieCH.. i dont think tiny is an adjective i've ever heard myself described as haha!  But yeah, def a 14.. I'm kinda tall though so it's spread out maybe haha.  I'm so glad you decided to book with her, you won't regret it!! Tess is amazing ;)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards