Options

Getting to Know You.....POLL

2»

Re: Getting to Know You.....POLL

• Options
    embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_getting-youpoll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:c9bb9d8d-9331-4526-bedf-4c711c5a09bcPost:ae18b963-2b3e-41b2-aa2b-ba0fd569a4aa">Re: Getting to Know You.....POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]LISA! Gorgeous pictures, SWOON!!!!!
    Posted by thealphabride[/QUOTE]

I second that!  Lisa, you are STUNNING!  And the hand-holding picture really is lovely..
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa, what gorgeous pictures!!  You are stunning! 

And your wedding and reception sound lovely!!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_getting-youpoll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:c9bb9d8d-9331-4526-bedf-4c711c5a09bcPost:ae18b963-2b3e-41b2-aa2b-ba0fd569a4aa">Re: Getting to Know You.....POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]LISA! Gorgeous pictures, SWOON!!!!!
    Posted by thealphabride[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I truly do just sigh when I look at that photo of our hands.  I just absolutely LOVE it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LesPaul - We don't make it to the Springs very often.  Fortunately for us his parents love the Broadmoor and our weekend there was just after Christmas, my birthday gift from them.  We go down for brunches occasionally, but this was the first time I had been there around the holidays.  It was so pretty.

toniaz -  My fi was in Tahoe shortly after we met and flew me out over Labor Day weekend.  It is a gorgeous place and I can't wait to return. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    rapunnzzll - I know, it is gorgeous.  It's really sad that I live 45 minutes away, and I'm lucky to get there once a year.  I forget how incredible it really is.  Nothing like wedding pictures to remind me!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is (was) your wedding?
    11/26/11
    How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? No human kids - have 2 furry ones... 
    Does your finace have kids, how many? 1 girl, 15
    Are your kids in the wedding? No.  Cats are not known for being cooperative.  As for FIs daughter - complicated relationship.
    What type of event are you planning, where are you in the planning process?
    We are having it in a park in New Braunfels, TX (a bit of a destination wedding from where we live).  We are inviting about 20 people.  We have our venue, officiant and photog chosen and have contracts.  We will wrap up the reception and baker when we go to New Braunfels next month.
    How did you meet your fiance? Online dating site
    How long did you date before the proposal? We were together 3 years and 1 month when he proposed.  We have lived together almost the entire time.  When you know, you know, right?  ;)
    Post a pic of you and your fiance/husband....  Pic to follow.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    debnchrisdebnchris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls,
    I've seen a lot of new screen names lately on our board. I was only gone for a few days and now we have a whole crop of new people. My job is getting in the way of my knotting again.
    Everyone.... Here's a poll to get to know each other
    4/1/2011
    How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? Two Girls ages 10 & 8
    Does your finace have kids, how many? nope!
    Are your kids in the wedding? my daughters will be Jr Bridesmaids
    What type of event are you planning, where are you in the planning process? I've found my venue secured the date -- we are hoping for 75 people - started with a small bridal party that keeps getting bigger!! LOL
    How did you meet your fiance? Vo-Tech in 11th grade
    How long did you date before the proposal? 6 years of dating, 14 years of separation, then dated for a year before becoming officially engaged.
    Post a pic of you and your fiance/husband....
  • Options
    johnsoniajohnsonia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

not engaged yet. hopefully will be surprised by end of year!
    How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? none for me yet
    Does your finace have kids, how many? one girl , 4
    Are your kids in the wedding? his daughter will be the flower girl of course
    nothing yet
    How did you meet your fiance? work
    How long did you date before the proposal? 4 years and counting

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    vmmomvmmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1/2/2011
    How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? Two lovely daughters, 20 and 16
    Does your finace have kids, how many? 1 boy, 18
    Are your kids in the wedding? .My girls are my co-maids of honor; his son will be his best man
    We are getting married aboard the Carnival Legend - hopefully in the chapel and then sailing away for a one week Western Caribbean cruise.
    How did you meet your fiance? Yahoo Personals
    How long did you date before the proposal? 2 1/2 years prior to engagement - six month engagement
    Post a pic of you and your fiance/husband....  Pic to follow.
  • Options
    KRN726KRN726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    11/6/10
    How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? 0
    Does your finace have kids, how many? One son age 12
    Are your kids in the wedding? His son is the best "mate"
    Formal evening ceremony in a museum, sit down dinner, fun reception with photobooth and late-nite snacks
    How did you meet your fiance? work
    How long did you date before the proposal? 5 years of dating, 8 months of engagement and planning before we tied the knot.

At the San Diego Zoo a few years ago
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10/22/11 - 99% sure on that now
    How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? my daughter is 26
    Does your finace have kids, how many? His son is 18, daughter 14
    Are your kids in the wedding? No, they live out of state and can't predict the weather so we're having them as honored guests instead
    Small chapel w/ cake, punch & hors d'oeuveres afterwards.  Planning is moving slowly until after the first of the year, then ramping up and starting to put down deposits, meet with florists, bakers, etc.
    How did you meet your fiance? e-harmony
    How long did you date before the proposal? two years, will be engaged for 2 more years by the time the wedding happens.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? One girl, almost 3 years old
    Does your finace have kids, how many? No
    Are your kids in the wedding? Yes, my daugher is hopefully walking down the aisle. She's not too thrilled about wearing a dress, so we'll see!
    We're having a backyard wedding at my family's home. Small private ceremony and larger reception. Most of the planning is finished, we just have to finalize the menu and rent the tents, tables and chairs.
    How did you meet your fiance? We went to middle school together, but lost tough after I moved to a different school district. I became best friends with his cousin years later and we reconnected at her engagement party.
    How long did you date before the proposal? Almost 2 years

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When is (was) your wedding? Feb 12th, 2011

How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? A son, Age 3

Does your finace have kids, how many?  No, he is excited to be a Dad!

Are your kids in the wedding? Ring bearer... we will also include him in the ceremony some how.

We have most of the major stuff figured out, the venues, catering, colors, theme. Now its just the details!

How did you meet your fiance?  We met at work, then I left his firm and we started dating!

How long did you date before the proposal? A whole 7 months after "officially dating". 

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loving all the posts!

12-30-10
    How many Kids do you have and what are their ages? None, and I like it that way!
    Does your finace have kids, how many? Yes, a 15-year-old boy whom I adore
    Are your kids in the wedding? His son is the best man
    Small event (45 people) at historic boutique hotel downtown -- This place is amazing, and has ties to Old Hollywood.

How did you meet your fiance? In high school, 25 years ago... reconnected in '06.
    How long did you date before the proposal? No proposal; We were together 3 1/2 years before coming to the mutual conclusion that it was just time to tie the knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards