Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Massage the day of the wedding?

My fiance has been talking about how he'd really love to get a massage, and I was considering surprising him with one the morning of the wedding.  I found a place he can go that's right down the street from the hotel he'll be staying at.  My question for you is this:  Is this a good idea?  I've read varying reports...some people say a massage the morning of is great because it gets out all of the pre-wedding jitters, while others say it relaxes you TOO much and you're sleepy the day of.  Any advice would be really helpful!  Thanks, guys!

Re: Massage the day of the wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally wouldn't have a massage the day of the wedding. Massages release toxins that are built up in your muscles. You have to be dilligent about drinking plenty of water to flush out those toxins otherwise you can feel sluggish. Personally, on my wedding day there will be so much going on that I probably wouldn't remember to keep drinking water and flushing my system.

I gave my FI a gift certif for a massage for valentine's day. It was his first and he did come home & sleep.

Day before would be perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree the day or two before would be much better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, guys!  I really appreciate the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards