Georgia-Savannah

PLEASE HELP BRIDES!!!!!!!!Outdoor wedding in Savannah, GA June 2013

I really want an outdoor wedding but the month of June is our only option.  The date is June 15th,2013.  How can we make our guest feel more comfortable? My concerns are groomsmen in tux and the heat, me in a big wedding dress and the heat and guest in the heat.  Any suggestions are local venues with an outdoor feel?  We have also considered renting a frame tent.  Also any suggestions on the time for the wedding?

Re: PLEASE HELP BRIDES!!!!!!!!Outdoor wedding in Savannah, GA June 2013

• I'm getting married in this September and down here it is still hotter than blue blazzes, I too wanted an outdoor wedding and rustic earthy feel. I decided to get married at the Savannah Quarters Country Club. My ceremony is outside (maybe 30 min) and the reception is inside the nice thing about that place is that they have HUGE windows all around and seating outside if people want to go other there.  I still get the outdoor feel but I also get to be inside with the A/C. The colors there worked really well with the color scheme too. I don't know what you are looking for but I would go look. The ladies that work with me are great.  I hope this helps and congratulations. No matter what you do as long as you are with your groom and family/friends it will be perfect. :)

Amy
    "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" John Lennon
  • In Response to <a href="http://savannah.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_outdoor-wedding-in-savannah-ga-june-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:734d4a2a-9f90-4670-875e-d058b567099bPost:c516b006-c050-4feb-9aef-9a91f6884d2b">Re: PLEASE HELP BRIDES!!!!!!!!Outdoor wedding in Savannah, GA June 2013</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married in this September and down here it is still hotter than blue blazzes, I too wanted an outdoor wedding and rustic earthy feel. I decided to get married at the Savannah Quarters Country Club. My ceremony is outside (maybe 30 min) and the reception is inside the nice thing about that place is that they have HUGE windows all around and seating outside if people want to go other there.  I still get the outdoor feel but I also get to be inside with the A/C. The colors there worked really well with the color scheme too. I don't know what you are looking for but I would go look. The ladies that work with me are great.  I hope this helps and congratulations. No matter what you do as long as you are with your groom and family/friends it will be perfect. :) Amy
    Posted by adoll82[/QUOTE]

Savannah Quarters is the venue that I am considering as well.  Brittany informed that a tent may not be needed because ceremonies are usually short.
  • In Response to <a href="http://savannah.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_outdoor-wedding-in-savannah-ga-june-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:734d4a2a-9f90-4670-875e-d058b567099bPost:c516b006-c050-4feb-9aef-9a91f6884d2b">Re: PLEASE HELP BRIDES!!!!!!!!Outdoor wedding in Savannah, GA June 2013</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married in this September and down here it is still hotter than blue blazzes, I too wanted an outdoor wedding and rustic earthy feel. I decided to get married at the Savannah Quarters Country Club. My ceremony is outside (maybe 30 min) and the reception is inside the nice thing about that place is that they have HUGE windows all around and seating outside if people want to go other there.  I still get the outdoor feel but I also get to be inside with the A/C. The colors there worked really well with the color scheme too. I don't know what you are looking for but I would go look. The ladies that work with me are great.  I hope this helps and congratulations. No matter what you do as long as you are with your groom and family/friends it will be perfect. :) Amy
    Posted by adoll82[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your help!!!!
  • As long as you plan a quick ceremony, you should be fine.  I would also consider hiding a cooler and having a younger family member pass out water bottles.  If you are planning for June, you could plan for the ceremony to be later in the day, say 7, to help avoid some of the heat of the day.  Also, be sure you choose one of the more shaded squares or gardens.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mrs livingston you are a vendor and been reported.  you arent allowed
  • Evening - think "sunset" ceremony is the best option as far as temperature goes (it will still be hot though). Also remember with the evening comes the knats and you don't want all your guests uncomfortable and itchy for the rest of the evening.

And maybe fans for the guests? Between the temperates and the humidity, you can be soaked after just a few minutes outside on a summer day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards