Hello, I'm new here. :)

2»

Re: Hello, I'm new here. :)

• Options
    SeleenaJulietSeleenaJuliet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Christi!!

I'm in your boat too!  I'm pretty new to the knot and have been checking out the different boards.  I've posted on several of the other boards mainly in response to questions other people raised.  I came to this board because I thought there would be a bunch of NEY girls who are in a similar stage of life as myself instead of other boards where people are talking about flowers or honeymoons.  If you've never really thought about weddings I don't think it's wrong or dumb to check out other boards to see what others are doing.  Also I don't think a year or year and a half is too soon to get engaged.
  • Options
    jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I've been on the boards for a few months and I'm NEY.  Stick around and you'll enjoy the people =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chrisit, hello and welcome.  There are a lot of engaged and married people on this board, but also a lot of NEY, the reg's just post more often.  They are reg's cause they have been here for a while and one thing not related to TK or this board at all after many months or years spent in a great relationship you end up engaged or married!  There should be no hate towards the reg's even if they can be harsh at times sometimes harsh-ness is much needed and they do it to each other too so don't take it personally.

I too was divorced and am now looking forward to marrying the one I feel like I should have been with my entire life so I know how you feel.  Being here will help you collect a mental list of things you want to do like number the RSVP's... best idea EVER!

Anyways, welcome and congrats on finding a good man after a divorce... enjoy your relationship!!

Do you and your ex have children?  Just wondering because I have one with my ex.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hello-im-new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:48a9777e-da13-4b52-8650-47b881265c9fPost:c3c5e975-0880-4367-aa35-d6282b5f1d51">Re: Hello, I'm new here. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Christi-- I would like for you to stay, yes we are snarky and we can be harsh. But the reality is that we don't sugar coat things. You have excellent experience about why the 18-19 year olds should maybe think about getting married. It's really not b\c we're haterz, it's because as a general rule it's a bad idea. That being said, welcome, and <strong>try not to book anything, or else we shall have to feed you to the wolves</strong>.
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

::Sobe all over the place::

First, welcome to the board. You don't seem all that crazy, but based off what you had originally posted, it did seem to have a tinge of wedding fever, which tends to not go over well around here. Stick around, post/contribute to the board, and I imagine (so long as you're not totally nuts) people will come around.

I started here when I was NEY. I had two friends getting married, came on here to figure out how to throw a bachelorette/bridal shower, saw NEY and stuck around. I'm engaged now, and I stuck around here because I love the girls. They're brutally honest, they don't f* around, and they keep me grounded on what's important. I think if you stick around and get to know people, you'll see that too.

And Mutley was supremely nice, considering. You should feel special. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards