South Asian Weddings

Confession/Lurker Thursday!

What do you want to get off your chest?

Lurkers come out! Welcome to the boards!!

Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!

• edited December 2011
    My confessions:

~I inadvertently made DFWIndian and myself date twins (I hope that's not a problem.... it's the only Saturday around the family reunion!)

~I had coffee this morning for the first time in several months.

~I don't wanna do anything today, but I have work to do. Blah.

~I had a not-unpleasant conversaton with FMIL yesterday, which I initiated (to get her approval on a June date), and during which there was no yelling and I didn't become snarky or rude when she started getting accusatory with me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Of course it's fine. I have a friend who's been with her guy for three months maybe who decided to get married the week before me. It's a popular month.

I confess I got barely any sleep last night but I'm more awake today then I have been in a while

I confess I joined a wieght loss tracking site. I feel a little embarassed by it, but I'm determined to lose 25 pounds in 7 months! Does anyone know how to work out in India?? lol
  • edited December 2011
    @DFW - there is nothing wrong with joining a weight loss tracking site. It's super helpful and will really let you see what is good and nutritious for you vs. what is just empty calories. You'll start to see that tracking what you eat, drink and how much you work out will make a huge difference in how you feel and look and keep you motivated!

My confession: I wish I had made plans for the Mr. and I to go away for a few days after the wedding. Just to hide. Our real "honeymoon" isn't for a few months, but it would have been nice to just disappear for a few days.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionlurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4f41a8bd-3454-4570-9f5e-1c70d998c1c1Post:b4f430db-8fac-48e8-b5de-735c44c86eee">Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Of course it's fine. I have a friend who's been with her guy for three months maybe who decided to get married the week before me. It's a popular month. I confess I got barely any sleep last night but I'm more awake today then I have been in a while I confess I joined a wieght loss tracking site. I feel a little embarassed by it, but I'm determined to lose 25 pounds in 7 months!<strong> Does anyone know how to work out in India?? lol
    </strong>Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

Where in India are you going? Cause my friend is there right now and was able to join a gym

-I confess, I had a TINY piece of Toblerone....but it was just so....GOOD!

-I confess, I bought a coat that I shouldn't have bought. To return, or not to return?
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Raangoli - Did you both take a couple of days off from work after the wedding?  Maybe you guys can plan something to be alone and relax. 

I confess that this upcoming trip really is frustrating me and stressing me out and I emailed him last night to tell him that we shouldn't do it now since I am swamped at work and school for my finals coming up and that we should do it later in December or the next summer.  I don't think he appreciated it that, I got a 3 line response back that that's fine, whatever you want, etc etc.  I am wondering if he is mad at me or disappointed that I didn't want to see him.  Oh well...

I confess that I am having a really hard time controlling my shopoholic self these days and try to save money. 

• edited December 2011
    I confess... I'm lurking... Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit The Knot! Visit BlackandWhite.weddings.com

imageimage

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionlurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4f41a8bd-3454-4570-9f5e-1c70d998c1c1Post:6b35c7ed-0608-452b-94a5-6a14ccd44cec">Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raangoli - Did you both take a couple of days off from work after the wedding?  Maybe you guys can plan something to be alone and relax.  I confess that this upcoming trip really is frustrating me and stressing me out and I emailed him last night to tell him that we shouldn't do it now since I am swamped at work and school for my finals coming up and that we should do it later in December or the next summer.  I don't think he appreciated it that, I got a 3 line response back that that's fine, whatever you want, etc etc.  I am wondering if he is mad at me or disappointed that I didn't want to see him.  Oh well... <strong>I confess that I am having a really hard time controlling my shopoholic self these days and try to save money</strong>. 
    Posted by Hinaj[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one. At least you're working though, Im an unemployed student! 

As for your cancellation with FI, he's probably upset because he was looking forward to this trip and seeing you of course. but, it is what it is and as long as you gave him a detailed explanation, that should be ok... i think?

I'm sorry if that didnt help. lol

but DECEMBER is just around the corner and summer....well...thats way too long!
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionlurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4f41a8bd-3454-4570-9f5e-1c70d998c1c1Post:25749298-fe14-4103-8f04-3d7717f908a4">Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess... I'm lurking...
    Posted by 2011Bubbly[/QUOTE]

Welcome :)
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So my BIL and SIL want to have a 'chat'...they said they want to clear up any misunderstandings

They haven't officially asked me but if they do I'm going to make them carefully reconsider this decision because I know I will open up a can of whoop a$$ on them....I want them to make sure they know what they are doing!  Because up until this point they've been immature, misrable and insecure and in doing so they've treated me very badly....

If the meeting does go thru...I'm going to make notes ahead of time to avoid the whoop a$$
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionlurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4f41a8bd-3454-4570-9f5e-1c70d998c1c1Post:491f3f01-a27f-405e-b416-ec6200696446">Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my BIL and SIL want to have a 'chat'...they said they want to clear up any misunderstandings They haven't officially asked me but if they do I'm going to make them carefully reconsider this decision because I know I will open up a can of whoop a$$ on them....I want them to make sure they know what they are doing!  Because up until this point they've been immature, misrable and insecure and in doing so they've treated me very badly.... If the meeting does go thru...I'm going to make notes ahead of time to avoid the whoop a$$
    Posted by MrsBM[/QUOTE]

hahah! Oh, Bhanu. you're freakin AWESOME!
    "Kick his @$$, Seabass!" (I hope you know where I got that from)

Good Luck with the "talk" if it does happen.
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionlurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:4f41a8bd-3454-4570-9f5e-1c70d998c1c1Post:5e5d618c-40c7-4f31-b9e0-2e4c57cd15c5">Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday! : I'm with you on that one. At least you're working though, Im an unemployed student!  As for your cancellation with FI, he's probably upset because he was looking forward to this trip and seeing you of course. but, it is what it is and as long as you gave him a detailed explanation, that should be ok... i think? I'm sorry if that didnt help. lol but DECEMBER is just around the corner and summer....well...thats way too long!
    Posted by trueleo818[/QUOTE]

So am I, but I don't think I am going to enjoy the trip so much with woryring about school, and our time has been cut from a week to less than five days because I am counting on jet lag or something to wrong, or his ship delaying.  I did give him a detailed explanation.  I don't know maybe I am just thinking too hard about this.
  • edited December 2011
    @2011Bubbly - Welcome!

@Bhanu - did the BIL and SIL say anything else? Did your hubz have a chance to talk to his brother to get a feel for things? I hope your meeting with them goes well!

@Hina - I am sorry that it looks like your trip won't be happening :( I know it's a lot of travel for 5 days, but maybe it is worth it after all since it's been so long since you've been together?

And we do have all of next week off, but with Thanksgiving and I am working on planning an event for a friend of mine the Sunday after our wedding, there seems like there isn't enough time to just decompress and relax. I am sure we will though, but it just doesn't feel the same. I guess I am just being whiney.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a ... JOB OFFER... and I'm taking it!  It's 10 miles from where I currently work, and it has to do with experimental vehicles :-) I get gagaga over technology, and futuristic almost scifi things....

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats, KP! That's awesome!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionlurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4f41a8bd-3454-4570-9f5e-1c70d998c1c1Post:4fadbf04-ede9-4b77-81f5-31a01ba9196e">Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a ... JOB OFFER... and I'm taking it!  It's 10 miles from where I currently work, and it has to do with experimental vehicles :-) I get gagaga over technology, and futuristic almost scifi things....
    Posted by kpwedkk[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS KP
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionlurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4f41a8bd-3454-4570-9f5e-1c70d998c1c1Post:4fadbf04-ede9-4b77-81f5-31a01ba9196e">Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a ... JOB OFFER... and I'm taking it!  It's 10 miles from where I currently work, and it has to do with experimental vehicles :-) I get gagaga over technology, and futuristic almost scifi things....
    Posted by kpwedkk[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionlurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4f41a8bd-3454-4570-9f5e-1c70d998c1c1Post:25749298-fe14-4103-8f04-3d7717f908a4">Re: Confession/Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess... I'm lurking...
    Posted by 2011Bubbly[/QUOTE]

Welcome!!!
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone :):)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards