Arizona-Phoenix

Need photographer and DJ!!!!!!

We finally got our place!  A private residence in PV with a fantastic view of Squaw Peak :)  Love it.  She's done weddings at her house before, so she is very prepared for us.  I have a friend doing our flowers and a friend doing our cake!  We are doing simple appetizers for food. 

Right now I need a photographer and DJ and I am trying to do it as cheaply as possible.  Ipod is not acceptable for me.  Has any one used anyone that is very reasonably priced?  A friend was asked to do our photography and he respectfully declined saying he wasn't comfortable with something like that at stake. 
?My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give thee, the more I have, For both are infinite.?

Re: Need photographer and DJ!!!!!!

• edited December 2011
     Christine Antaya with A captured moment!

She's our photographer and we just did our bridals on Sat and she had some done and edited on Sun night.  I'm really excited for her to do our wedding on Sun.

• edited December 2011
    There are some really reasonable photographers and DJ's out there. 

For the photography, it really depends on what you want to walk away with and how many hours you want them to shoot for.  I did a lot a research on this vendor because it was my #1 priority.  What I found was that there was a huge difference with photography style and album quality.  But, if you were just going to hire for a certain # or hours, price-wise, they were all pretty comparable.

- Kaci Hughes - http://www.photosbykacy.com/priceweddings.cfm
    - Drew Brashler - http://www.brashlerphoto.com/#/wedding-photography/
    - Ivy (the pic chick) - http://www.picchickonline.com/index1.html

Most DJ's book for # of hours.  So, it will depend if you need one for just the ceremony, just the reception or both.  You are probably looking at $500 for just the reception to $1500 for both.  At least that was the range I found when I was booking mine.

This is who I am using - http://www.facethemusicentertainment.com/
    For both ceremony and reception I am paying $995. 
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Our DJ is inexpensive, but still good.  His name is Chris Mitchell.  I have seen a post or two where people have mentioned him and they said that he does a good job.  And I've seen him first hand, so I know I like his style.  I believe he was $400 for 4 hours, $50 to add on for the ceremony and $50 for each additional hour.  His prices may be different now (we signed our contract in January), but I think this is fantastically reasonable!  Also, I'm not sure that it matters, but the DJ is not super important to us which is why we didn't want to spend a ton of money or hire a big company.  His website is under construction right now, but his email is: dj@zandervix.com.  Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    How exciting!  Congrats, I'm not much help (but I will be checking the ladies responses periodically because I'm in the same boat as you :)).  Anyway, congrats on finding your venue/location- that really is a big 'check'! :)
  • edited December 2011
    EMT+Par...we've got the same colors too (I'm adding blue also)!  I tried to PM you- but I'm not sure how.  Anyway, I thought that we could talk, I wanted to find out more about the location you picked etc.  TIA!
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

EMT - what price range are you looking for?  I have a friend that is starting to get into photography, she's done a few weddings.  Not sure of her prices but I can pass along her information if you are interested.  For more experienced photographers - I think that Drew Brashler as mentioned above has the best rates for that level of experience.  We are using Birkett entertainment and paying around $995 for 7 hours of DJ time. 

good luck!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Nick Oza (www.nickoza.com) for his documentary style of photography skills - he also works for the AZ Republic, and photography is his profession.  (it was about $1800 for more than 12 hours of services, an album, a website for our guests to view, the day after the wedding, etc)

Also, for a DJ, we used DJ Isaac (http://www.hyperproductionsdjs.com/)  who also does MCing, and drumming entertainment :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies!!!  I appreciate the suggestions!

My email is gracegirl_az@q.com, alschmid if you could have your friend email me?  Just out of curiosity, why are you not going with her?

Nicleep, you can email me too at that address!  

Thanks again!  Off to make calls and write emails!
    ?My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give thee, the more I have, For both are infinite.?
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    EMT - I will pass the email address along.  I Private messaged you her info as well.

Mostly we decided not to use a friend to do photography since we wanted our friends to enjoy the wedding :)
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards