Students

Cake/Champagne Reception; Pancake Breakfast next day?

Hi!
I really need some advice. I'm having an out of town wedding, with the reception in my Grandma's backyard. We have been having a lot of trouble deciding what to do because we are on a tight budget, and haven't booked any vendors. We were thinking that we would have a cake and chapagne reception with music and board games the night of the wedding. The next day would like to offer breakfast, but I'm not sure how to set up such a thing. We would LOVE to cook the breakfast, such as pancakes, etc. However... my mind is fried from school, and I just don't know how we would go about serving such a thing... should it be buffet style or should we cook the pancakes per order?

It seems simple yet stressful at the same time!

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Cake/Champagne Reception; Pancake Breakfast next day?

• If you're going to do a breakfast, do breakfast casseroles, bagels, fruit, croissants, etc and do it buffet style.  If the whole goal is to spend time with your guests, you do not want to be manning the griddle making pancakes.  The breakfast casseroles can be prepared ahead of time and then popped in the oven the morning of, and everything else can be store bought.
  • Ohh, I love the idea of making breakfast casseroles! thanks!!
  • Personally, I'd rather have food at the wedding than come back the next morning for breakfast. Can you do something simple and inexpensive like a BBQ or just heavy appetizers?
    Anniversary image
  • I agree with PPs, it might be better to save the money you would spend on the breakfast, and provide a little more food at the actual wedding reception.  People won't be expecting a breakfast the next day, but they will most likely appreciate having some food at the reception.

If you're not serving more than cake, you should adjust the time of your wedding so that it doesn't run into a meal time - I'm also curious what time your wedding is.  Keep in mind that if there is food, it gives guests something to do while mingling, and also absorbs alcohol better than cake alone.  If you're looking for ways to save money, you could nix the champagne and people can just toast with wine or whatever else thery're drinking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the responses and ideas! I decided against the cake/champage, breakfast the next morning thing. I'm not sure WHY I thought that was a good idea! Maybe just because it would be easier for me to prepare a brunch the following morning, than the day of our wedding.

I talked to my fiance and we are now planning a brunch reception! Our wedding will take place around 10:00 and reception around 10:45. My brain is still a little flustered, probably because it is the time of finals and my wedding is in a little over six months, but I think we'll figure stuff out by then... at least I hope!
  • Thanks so much, Ledalia! I'll definitely keep that in mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards