Not Engaged Yet

Monday Confessions

I confess: I'm planning on leaving work before 6 on Thursday, even though it's the last day of the month, and I should be working until at least 7 or 8 to try to make my sales goal. Hey, BF and I have plans.

Your turn.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Monday Confessions

• I confess I haven't been to my office since Wednesday. I worked from home because of the bad weather last week, and today I am waiting to set up my car insurance for my new car before I head out into the formerly freezing rain.
  • I confess that I haven't been to the gym since last Thursday and I did not eat in any way healthy this weekend soo this week I'm going to have to really cut back or my upcoming weigh-in day will not be so satisfactory.
  • I confess that the scheduling of my gym time is based entirely on the Food Network and/or TLC schedule because we don't have cable at home but by god I need my cooking competitions.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:48c3c956-68f9-4de1-8300-e5447c5d5f8f">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that the scheduling of my gym time is based entirely on the Food Network and/or TLC schedule because we don't have cable at home but by god I need my cooking competitions.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>When I didn't have cable, this was my biggest motivation for going to the gym, and for staying for a while. I'd easily do another half-mile or whatever, just to finish watching a show. And yes, it was usually food network.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • still - <3  I can totally relate.

• Today's problem is that there's a Guy Fieri-related marathon at gym time, so I have to figure out what else there is to watch, as I want to punch Guy Fieri in his face every time I see him.

• I confess I didn't do a bunch of my homework this weekend and I will be paying for it today.

I also confess that I haven't gone grocery shopping but I just can't make myself do it.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I confess I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's froyo Saturday and it was freaking good.

I confess that I took care of BF on Saturday when he was sick because I feel like I've been a crappy GF lately.

I confess I'm really hating my job this week.

I confess I hope I get a stomach bug this week (but not on the weekend) so I don't have to go to work.

I confess looking at e-rings is confusing and stressful.  I should just let BF pick it out. 

I confess I can't make decisions ever lol.

I confess I'll bring Xanax to work on Friday and I can take it, it's prescribed to me!  I have a feeling I'm going to have an anxiety attack.  It's building up.

I'm sure I'll add more.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:a8b3265d-831a-465f-bb10-d17eb95e783f">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today's problem is that there's a Guy Fieri-related marathon at gym time, so I have to figure out what else there is to watch, as <strong>I want to punch Guy Fieri in his face every time I see him.
    </strong>Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

BF bought some wing sauce that he endorses.  I was cleaning out the pantry yesterday and I go "WTF IS THIS CRAP???"  He thought I found drugs or something from the previous owner.  It was the wing sauce.

Did you ever read the NYT review about his restaurant in Times Square?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:ea816f71-8724-4c83-ad35-728bac117286">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : Did you ever read the NYT review about his restaurant in Times Square?
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

LOL YES. BEST THING EVER.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:a8b3265d-831a-465f-bb10-d17eb95e783f">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today's problem is that there's a Guy Fieri-related marathon at gym time, so I have to figure out what else there is to watch, as <strong>I want to punch Guy Fieri in his face every time I see him.</strong>
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  I can't stand him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess that I'm nervous about leaving pupster with FI's friend when we go to Disney on the 16th. I will probably be worrying about it the whole time. I confess that I'm overly excited about getting my hair done on Thursday after work. I confess that trying to get to the gyno and getting some other appointments scheduled is really starting to irritate the living he!! Out of me and makes me want to punch things.
  • I confess I just want to leave work already today. I"m so over it and I didn't sleep well at all last night.  BF was up coughing most of the night.

I confess I am too tired to go to church tonight God forgive me.....

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:c48fa7e2-6fab-4f4a-aae3-71b82ddf0724">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I am too tired to go to church tonight God forgive me.....
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

There's church on Mondays?? Around here, people just go on Sundays and maybe Wednesdays.

Or, you know, in our house... never.

• I confess that I love Guy Fieri. 

• I confess I had a BSC temper tantrum this weekend.  Even though I know that M and I are on our way to pretty epic bliss.  
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:3f258c24-7907-44d5-912b-608453b7a07e">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I love Guy Fieri. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

This. I don't get the hatred towards him. I think he's hilarious. I love Triple D.

*******************************************************************************************

• I confess I had a fairly long / very drunk talk about weddings with BF while we were out for my birthday Friday night. I actually remember my best friend tapping me on the shoulder and saying "Can you guys stop talking about getting married, please?"  I don't remember too much of our talk except him mentioning that he had "done some research" and saw that, traditonally, the bride's family pays for the wedding, and this made him feel relieved. I remember laughing and saying "Most likely, no one is paying for nothing except for us." 

I know this conversation went on for at least 5 minutes though, and I wish I remember what else either one of us said. I need to stop being such a freaking baby and attempt one of these conversations when we are both completely sober. Sigh. I'm going to IM my friend now and see if she remembers anything else we said... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:0e0e4b2d-bc4e-425c-acaa-a8f43eb876fd">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : This. I don't get the hatred towards him. I think he's hilarious. I love Triple D.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<div>It's not my favorite food network show - we prefer Chopped and Iron Chef, but if it's Triple D or Property Brothers, I'd rather watch Triple D.</div>
    I french with my man
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    I want Guy Fieri to stop wearing his sunglasses down there like they're the testicles of his foramen magnum.

• I confess that my heart grows three sizes every time I hear BF say "WE are getting a dog."

I confess that I get super panicky whenever I think about NOT getting a job before July.

I confess that I'm spending more of my workday applying for other jobs instead of doing my current one.

I confess that, while I love the crap out of him, I really want to rip out Brady's voicebox on a daily basis. The meowing is just ridiculous. PIPE THE EFF DOWN.

*******************************************************************************************

• edited January 2013

Still-
    My church (catholic) has smaller weekday masses they run 25-30 minutes, but they also give communion.  I like going on Monday nightst, weekends can get rather busy.  Another reason I love my church.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:70b8266e-0bd2-4ee4-ba98-95d62b8ab106">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : It's not my favorite food network show - we prefer Chopped and Iron Chef, but if it's Triple D or Property Brothers, I'd rather watch Triple D.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I'm obsessed with Chopped. Also, Iron Chef. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chopped.

• I confess that I'm seriously lacking in motivation to do anything school related this semester. I love teaching and really wish I could say screw school and start teaching full-time.

I confess that part of the reason I'm hating school lately is because it's the reason I moved away from BF and it sucks only seeing him on the weekends.

I confess that I haven't been dieting at all the past couple of weeks and I've gained about 5 lbs.

Hummingbird - Why are you afraid to talk to your BF about marriage while sober?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:be7e1d38-e191-4236-95c3-09db82b4ca8f">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : I'm obsessed with Chopped. Also, Iron Chef. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chopped.

Chopped is the reason I go to the gym on Saturdays, no lie. It's also the reason I go to the gym on most weekdays. I also enjoy my time with Kitchen Impossible.

I wish that Sweet Genius came on during gym hours.

• I LOVE Chopped.  I also have a love/hate relationship with Sweet Genius. 

For Chopped fans, read this is you haven't seen it already. It's a writer from Gawker's application to be a contestant for an episode feauting amateurs. It's hilarious:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:be7e1d38-e191-4236-95c3-09db82b4ca8f">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : I'm obsessed with Chopped. Also, Iron Chef. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chopped.

<div>We do dinner chopped style sometimes.  We'll alternate who gets entree/dessert, and we end up cooking together, but it turns out fun.  We had blackberry goat cheese frozen yogurt last time.  YUM.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:a53b9d95-cd82-403f-b2a1-a832ea864f78">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE Chopped. <strong> I also have a love/hate relationship with Sweet Genius.</strong>  For Chopped fans, read this is you haven't seen it already. It's a writer from Gawker's application to be a contestant for an episode feauting amateurs. It's hilarious: <a href="http://deadspin.com/5924495/our-drew-magary-applied-for-a-spot-on-chopped-this-is-his-application" rel="nofollow">http://deadspin.com/5924495/our-drew-magary-applied-for-a-spot-on-chopped-this-is-his-application</a>
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Same. The host is such a creepy weirdo, but I love the premise. I can't stand watching him taste the stuff at the end of the rounds though. He creeps me out. haha.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:4b55e79e-47ab-4a9e-ab94-cfc357cbbf06">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : Same. The host is such a creepy weirdo, but I love the premise. I can't stand watching him taste the stuff at the end of the rounds though. He creeps me out. haha.

I think he's gotten progressively creepier.

• I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT!

Not even a little bit true. But that was the first jam I heard here at work, in my office. BOOM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards