Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Where's my support group?

Re: Where's my support group?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:c2a80607-ae02-414b-9186-1b90f679ee72">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Squirrly the black friday shopping is why I'm debating on if I want to go anywhere.  There is a great plaza right at my corner with Target and Best Buy and stuff.  And there's an outlet mall about 5 minutes from our place.  So I kinda just want to be here.  And speaking of Coach, apparently our Navy Exchange store is going to have an extra 20% off Coach purses on Black Friday, so they will end up being almost 40% off. 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Ok that is worth waiting in line for
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:53b943a5-9bd5-414b-9cb4-3b71b453667c">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had to switch to <strong>Whipped Cream vodka</strong> now.  I've had a werid stomach all day, and was nauseated all morning, so the new wine, while very good, wasn't sitting right.  Hetshup I have a Pampered Chef magnet on my fridge that has different measurement fractions figured out for me.  I'd be lost if not. 

Ppppuuhhhhllleeaase explain what this fabulousness is?!?!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:4236618b-8498-4d18-af44-dcf71aaa4307">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm totally waiting for any shopping at Macy's or Express for black friday.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

I have yet to find an Express out here.  I'm very disappointed. 

I actually am doing okay though.  I think I'm also kind of numb though too.  It kind of just feels like he's at work or something, so it might kick in when I go to bed tonight and he's not in my bed.  But we were a LDR until we got married so I'm pretty used to being away from him.  We would see eachother every weekend though so its nothing like that.  I'm honestly good though, and have only cried when I've thought about our good-bye or said it to him.  When he called the few times while on his layover everytime we said I love you and Goodbye I started to cry.  Its just been an extremely long day of lots of emotions.  Hopefully I can sleep tonight since I've barely slept the past 2 nights.  If not one of my aunts said she's putting Ambien in the mail for me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:53b943a5-9bd5-414b-9cb4-3b71b453667c">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had to switch to Whipped Cream vodka now.  I've had a werid stomach all day, and was nauseated all morning, so the new wine, while very good, wasn't sitting right.  Hetshup I have a Pampered Chef magnet on my fridge that has different measurement fractions figured out for me.  I'd be lost if not. 

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>1) Whipped cream Vodka?? Do tell</div><div>
    </div><div>2) My cookies smell a lot like pancakes. I'm pretty sure I did it wrong</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:d95103c5-a959-452c-8e47-80a20861e94e">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's my support group? : Ppppuuhhhhllleeaase explain what this fabulousness is?!?!
    Posted by Themis278[/QUOTE]

Oh its as amazing as it sounds.  It was introduced to me on our wedding day, since all the GMs filled their flasks with it.  Its from a brand called Pinnacle, and it comes in a blue bottle.  I know its in Buffalo too, and I've found the Cotton Candy flavor there, to which I've yet to find here.  But is delicious and I usually drink it with Diet Coke and it tastes like cream soda.  Actually right now it kinda tastes like Skittles which is even more amazing to me since thats my favorite candy ever.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:c2a80607-ae02-414b-9186-1b90f679ee72">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Squirrly the black friday shopping is why I'm debating on if I want to go anywhere.  There is a great plaza right at my corner with Target and Best Buy and stuff.  And there's an outlet mall about 5 minutes from our place.  So I kinda just want to be here.  <strong>And speaking of Coach, apparently our Navy Exchange store is going to have an extra 20% off Coach purses on Black Friday, so they will end up being almost 40% off</strong>. 

Doh!    Is that all PXs?  And is it just Friday, or the whole weekend?    Cause, I could rearrange things a bit. . . :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Sa-weet!  Thanks! 

There's a bottle of locally bottled hard cider in my wine fridge that I want SO BADLY.  I'm eating fat free froyo instead.  This is NOT an even substitute. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I feel horrible for our dog right now.  He's layong on the floor staring at the door, and I know he is waiting for H to get home.  They say dogs have no sense of time, but I'm pretty sure he's going to figure it out when H just doesn't come home for months.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Squrrily- is it bad I want to mix your fruit baby with tequila? 

Oh ok, then. 

Has anyone had One Barrel?
  • Options
    Squirrly have you ever had Woodchuck?  Its one of my favorite beer alternatives.  If you haven't tried it, you definitely need to put it on your list of things to drink after little Squirrls is born.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:32b20c14-4329-4942-b22e-f07bb1f3f6e5">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Squrrily- is it bad I want to mix your fruit baby with tequila?  Oh ok, then.  Has anyone had One Barrel?
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

A few weeks ago when she had an olive baby we were all craving martinis.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:e81e24a2-2d30-4f73-b716-fe42d9ade4e8">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's my support group? : I went on vacation a few months after I got my cat. My mom told me for the first 2 days my cat would pace between the front door and my bedroom wondering where I was. I think extra doggie cuddles are in order.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree.  I know Stewie will definitely love having the bed to just me and him.  But he is definitely a daddy's boy.  H got him before we met, and he was 2 when we started dating.  He has fully accepted me as his mommy, but I know deep down he's a daddy's boy.

And yes, we are those people who call ourselves mommy and daddy to our dog.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, man, if you like Woodchuck. . .

So, you NEED to try the blueberry when it's out in the summer.  But I think you might only be able to get it in the north east.  Also - the pear is my fav.

BUT.  Better than Woodchuck is Strongbow.  Imported from England.  Yummy!

It's available in some regions but not all.  There's also Magners, which has a pear version that is AWE-SOME.

(I don't like beer, but most places with beer have cider, so I am a bit of an aficionado.)

AND THEN.  There's a spiced apple wine from a winery in Indiana that is quite tasty. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:32b20c14-4329-4942-b22e-f07bb1f3f6e5">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Squrrily- is it bad I want to mix your fruit baby with tequila?  Oh ok, then.  Has anyone had One Barrel?
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, during the day my ticker makes people hungry, and at night, it's all about whatever fruit flavored drink matches up.  I think it's hilarious.  Especially because I am quite a margarita fan too.

Right now I'll have to settle for lime with my few and far between Cokes, instead of with tequila.  But you can go right ahead.  :D
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:3c55349c-4b20-404f-9875-afd32977e1c9">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, man, if you like Woodchuck. . . So, you NEED to try the blueberry when it's out in the summer.  But I think you might only be able to get it in the north east.  Also - the pear is my fav. BUT.  Better than Woodchuck is Strongbow.  Imported from England.  Yummy! It's available in some regions but not all.  There's also Magners, which has a pear version that is AWE-SOME. (I don't like beer, but most places with beer have cider, so I am a bit of an aficionado.) AND THEN.  There's a spiced apple wine from a winery in Indiana that is quite tasty. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Based off your descriptions I'm pretty sure you are salivating for a beverage right now.  Because i know I am!  I'm going to have to look for those.  I haven't found Woodchuck here yet, but I also really haven't looked for it.  H always talks about Strongbow but I'm not sure if I've had it.  Blueberry sounds delicious.  When we go home in July for BILs wedding I may be on a massive search for it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:b7bcac23-40ed-4689-945a-565477299432">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel horrible for our dog right now.  He's layong on the floor staring at the door, and I know he is waiting for H to get home.  They say dogs have no sense of time, but I'm pretty sure he's going to figure it out when H just doesn't come home for months.

You might want to keep a towel or something that H used lately around for him to cuddle with. Sometimes my dogs handle it better. My doxie actually goes around the house and pulls together anything that smells like the missing person. Normally its not an issue until she has a really bad night and trys to get allllll the dirty laundry into bed (on his side) while i'm sleeping ...

curb it with giving him one item
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:185275ca-91fe-4042-89cd-625bb4b90e94">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's my support group? : Hahahaha, during the day my ticker makes people hungry, and at night, it's all about whatever fruit flavored drink matches up.  I think it's hilarious.  Especially because I am quite a margarita fan too. Right now I'll have to settle for lime with my few and far between Cokes, instead of with tequila.  But you can go right ahead.  :D

<div>
    </div><div>Well, I'm going to want pie when you have a lemon baby, and I will be confuzzeled when you have a banana baby that is larger than a cantaloupe baby. Unless it's a plantain?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I have been craving a drink for about 2 weeks now.  I'm hoping this passes soon, cause it's a craving I'm clearly not going to be able to satisfy.  I think I'm going searching for pear Izze soon and see if that helps.  Cause ginger ale sure isn't. 

And, YES.  Look for the blueberry.  I had them at a 4th of July pool party, and, man.  Well worth it.  And pretty much any pear cider you can find.  And then page me and let me know if you liked it.  :D  Or if you find a n/a beverage that I should try. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:ce1f8215-f6e5-45d5-9ba8-ee9bc85b20ec">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's my support group? : You might want to keep a towel or something that H used lately around for him to cuddle with. Sometimes my dogs handle it better. My doxie actually goes around the house and pulls together anything that smells like the missing person. Normally its not an issue until she has a really bad night and trys to get allllll the dirty laundry into bed (on his side) while i'm sleeping ... curb it with giving him one item

Thats a really good idea actually.  I have a few of his shirts in the dity clothes bag still so I'll put one in his crate for him.  Stewie has actually been through several deployments so I know he will get through it, but I want to cry when I look at him so sad.  He has now gotten over it though and clmbed in his bed down here and is passed out and snoring. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:a6dcc40a-01cc-4707-8531-516be87b54da">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's my support group? : Based off your descriptions I'm pretty sure you are salivating for a beverage right now.  Because i know I am!  I'm going to have to look for those.  I haven't found Woodchuck here yet, but I also really haven't looked for it.  H always talks about Strongbow but I'm not sure if I've had it.  Blueberry sounds delicious.  When we go home in July for BILs wedding I may be on a massive search for it.

Do you have a Beers of the World in Blo? If so you can get all the special Woodchuck flavors by the case
  • Options
    hetsup, it's based on length.  The cantaloupe week is the last one where they measure the baby from the top of its head to its butt - the banana is the beginning of the top of the head to it's feet measurements.  And supposedly a banana is 10.5 inches long.  I think the people who made the ticker haven't been to the produce section of the store recently, but the fruit ticker is the only one that isn't really strange and kinda gross.  I don't think any of us need a weekly view of the baby's actual development - I don't want to think about webbed fingers and such.  (It's kinda a good thing that ultrasounds early on are sorta fuzzy and hard to see, I think.)  Fruit is MUCH safer.  :D
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:056f4044-567a-4d70-ac7c-0f8e8334ed1c">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been craving a drink for about 2 weeks now.  I'm hoping this passes soon, cause it's a craving I'm clearly not going to be able to satisfy.  I think I'm going searching for pear Izze soon and see if that helps.  Cause ginger ale sure isn't.  And, YES.  Look for the blueberry.  I had them at a 4th of July pool party, and, man.  Well worth it.  And pretty much any pear cider you can find.  And then page me and let me know if you liked it.  :D  Or if you find a n/a beverage that I should try. 

Are you adament about no drinking during the pregnancy?  Thats great if you are.  Several of my aunts and my friend were both anti any alcohol during their first pregnancies, but they've all had a glass of wine or a beer on occassion during their 2nd pregnancies.  They said that with the 2nd you just realize that your baby really is going to be okay with an occasional drink.  But I still don't know if I could do it.  If my child had any type of health problem at all I would feel horrible.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:09306cf7-4b04-4736-b240-b30c05f29f74">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's my support group? : Thats a really good idea actually.  I have a few of his shirts in the dity clothes bag still so I'll put one in his crate for him.  Stewie has actually been through several deployments so I know he will get through it, but I want to cry when I look at him so sad.  He has now gotten over it though and clmbed in his bed down here and is passed out and snoring. 

Awww he will show his mommy its going to be ok ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:38fbad0e-56db-4355-819a-98a7659d5bbf">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's my support group? : Do you have a Beers of the World in Blo? If so you can get all the special Woodchuck flavors by the case

I'm not sure if there is one there.  I'm out in Seattle now so I don't know if one has come since then. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will probably have a drink or two later on, I suspect, but I'm not quite out of 1st tri yet, and what little research there is suggests that risky things are less risky in 2Tri and 3Tri.  So. . . MUST WAIT.  :D 

And, whatever I have will be at home.  Because I'm not wanting to be judged by the whole world for ordering something in public.

I actually had a few drinks on labor day, and looking back I was technically 4 days post-conception , but that's likely even before implantation, so most likely nothing could have gotten to the baby.  So, I'm not worried about that one. 

Logically, I think that a half a glass of wine here and there, even in 1st tri, couldn't be enough to really get through - especially with other food or beverage.  But I'd be in the 'never forgive myself' club if something DID happen, so I'd rather just wait and have the diagnostic u/s that tells me everything is ok.

On another note. . . our boxer decides that H is gone FOREVER if he's TDY for more than 3 days.  I'm sure he really thought he'd been abandoned when we boarded him for 2 weeks for our wedding & HM.  And I'm sure he forgot the whole thing about 10 minutes after we picked him up. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:8a4377ba-8409-49d3-89b2-a5bc994241ec">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]hetsup, it's based on length.  The cantaloupe week is the last one where they measure the baby from the top of its head to its butt - the banana is the beginning of the top of the head to it's feet measurements.  And supposedly a banana is 10.5 inches long.  I think the people who made the ticker haven't been to the produce section of the store recently, but the fruit ticker is the only one that isn't really strange and kinda gross.  I don't think any of us need a weekly view of the baby's actual development - I don't want to think about webbed fingers and such.  (It's kinda a good thing that ultrasounds early on are sorta fuzzy and hard to see, I think.)  Fruit is MUCH safer.  :D

<div>
    </div><div>Well, that's the most terrifying banana ever then. Seriously, 10.5 inches?? nah uh. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-support-group?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:15272830-4949-47ee-b074-8bc434e67cecPost:634d05fd-ab38-4365-bf5d-f7fd1311a244">Re: Where's my support group?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agreed, hetsup.  AGREED.  How many flavors would you have to put in a banana split made with one like that?  5?  :D

<div>
    </div><div>Hmmm, chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, rocky road and coffee (maybe not in that order) and a whole can of whipped cream. Then you would need all nuts and cherries AND strawberries. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>There-- Squirrly sundae</div>
  • Options
    I agree with all that you said Squirrly.  I felt really bad for my friend because its her 2nd baby and she didn't want to tell her work because she was up for a promotion.  So they kept doing happy hours and she would have to go and she would get a glass of wine and just sip it.  This is the same friend who was my pregnant BM and was out at bars with us all night for my bachelorette.  She is a kickass pregnant chick.  She was only like 3 months for the party though and wasn't showing much so guys were buying us shots and getting mad at her when she wouldn't do one.  But she didn't want to say she was pregnant because she didn't want to be "that girl" who was at a nightclub pregnant.  She is due a few days after I'm scheduled to fly back to Washington, so I told her I am pushing that baby out of her before I leave so I can see it while I'm home.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I kept sneaking off to the bartender to get cranberry & a twist of lime when we would go out before we told people.  People would ask me what I wanted all the time, and I was SO INDECISIVE. 

"Oh, I have no idea.  Lemme think for a bit." 

:sneak away:

I almost had to bribe a bartender once to give me the "real" cup and not the one they put n/a stuff in. 

I hope your friend found a convenient plant she could pour her wine into.  :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Heh, H says the Naval Academy beds are like that too.  Just so the midshipmen are properly prepared.  His buddy was at Navy while he was at Army, and they went to visit each other a few times. 

Do they hotbed, or everybody has their own rack?

DIY & Planning | Married 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards