New York-New York City

Central Park Boathouse

I am interested to have my ceremony and reception at Central Park Boathouse.  Any experience wtih them?  What is their pricing?  Are they good to work with?  Any thought would be very helpful.

Re: Central Park Boathouse

• edited December 2011
    I got married there in Sept. :) I LOVED our wedding--they were pretty great to work with and I loved getting married at such an iconic place in NYC. I believe we paid $165 per person, not including tax or gratuity. Feel free to email me at hhomler @ gmail.com with any other questions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have had friends who got married there, and the weddings were so incredibly wonderful. I think they are kind of expensive, but it sure seems worth it!
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one thing to keep in mind, is the distance into the park...so in colder weather could be tough!
  • edited December 2011
    I looked there when I was searching for a venue and for a Saturday night in October it was very pricey, $205 a person and that was for the bare minimum. Also, as a 26 year old bride I was treated with quite a bit of disrespect for being so young. Instead we are having our reception at Capitale, formerly the old Bowery Savings Bank. It's gorgeous AND while it's expensive there are lots of extras included.
  • sushisambasushisamba member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was married there in August 2009 and, like Hilary, absolutely loved it.  Everything was perfect, from the food to the atmosphere and the service.  We worked with James from beginning to end from there, and he got the job done and even threw in some perks for us at the end. 

As for pricing, I thought they were very reasonable for the location, and under a lot of the other prime spots in Manhattan.  We had a Friday night ceremony/reception (both at the Boathouse), and paid $155 per person, plus $650 for the ceremony.  Minimum of 125 people.  We also paid an extra $10/person to extend the reception by an hour.  Tax and gratuities are extra (as at most places), and there are a number of add-ons you can request.  I'm happy to answer any questions you have - feel free to page or PM me.

Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards