Snarky Brides

Good Morning

13»

Re: Good Morning

• eek. That is ridiculous LP.  I admit, it's good for me to be reminded that I have good benefits. Because I usually don't mind complaining about my crap pay as a state employee ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d417f3a0-9427-4d8d-a7ff-8109cb9c65c9Post:5229a6f6-7cf9-4f24-b3c8-f9f7966dabcb">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning everyone. The WR dreams are getting worse. They aren't nightmares (or even bad), but it's just getting incredibly annoying having to think about that crap when I go to bed. Every night this week. Why can't I have honeymoon dreams? FI and I went and saw "Snow White and the Huntsman" last night. I was a little disappointed. It was good but there's only so much you can do plotwise. Dmill---have you ever donated through Hoxworth? I donated all the time through ARC when I was in MI (and a few times through Michigan Blood) but the Red Cross seems pretty far from me in Cinci. We have a Hoxworth nearby but I'm nervous to go somewhere new lol. Any experience there?
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]
    Yep, I actually donate through Hoxworth whenever they have blood drives at work. I work in Cinci, but live in Dayton, so I also do Red Cross and that's where I keep my regular appts. The only thing I hate about Hoxworth is they will call and call and call, then email you 50 times in about a two day period, when they need blood. I'll always go when I can, but they act like you should always be willing to drop everything and run over when they call. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d417f3a0-9427-4d8d-a7ff-8109cb9c65c9Post:b9be24a0-b91d-4b41-8f48-33fc17960224">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]eek. That is ridiculous LP.  I admit, it's good for me to be reminded that I have good benefits. Because I usually don't mind complaining about my crap pay as a state employee ;)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, yeah working for state/federal governments usually get people pretty good benetis!  H is at a private practice, so they can do whatever the hell they want for benefits pretty much.  He actually almost didn't accept the job when we realized how bad the benefits were, but then we figured once I started working we could just switch to my benefits.  Except that has kind of backfired on us.  It's been a year and I just now finally found a job.  And I'll be a temp until at least January so I won't get any benefits until then.  AND they keep postponing my start date. First it was May, then the first week in June, now it's "hopefully sometime soon".  Grrr.</div><div>
    </div><div>Ok, I'm done complaining now!!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d417f3a0-9427-4d8d-a7ff-8109cb9c65c9Post:c9d6c651-8858-4e80-9716-b6d84ffcb9a3">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!  I'm on the dog sitter hate train with you , BK.  Guess how much weight my dog gained while we were gone?   THREE AND HALF POUNDS.  She weighed 15.5 and now she's 19 flucking pounds! I don't even understand how that was possible in a 2 1/2 week window. That's like me gaining 25 pounds in two and half weeks.  I don't think I could do that if I tried.   That's what I get for leaving her with a friend instead of boarding her. She apologized but seriously how hard is it to feed my dog 1/4 cup of food twice a day? Instead she gave it the dog food then bought some chicken breast, pork spare ribs, bully sticks, and raw hides for her.  She saved us a lot of money since we paid her about 1/4 what the boarding place charges, but it wasn't worth it. My poor dog doesn't even get excited to go on walks anymore. She's miserable and can hardly climb the stairs.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Whoa.  I understand giving a treat now and then, but that is a LOT of crap that your dog didn't need.  Poor thing! I'd be mad, too.  

</div>
  • JFC Koda that is incredible. Poor doggie!

I get really weird about who I will leave the dog with, some people don't have the same experience or attitude towards dogs so sometimes it just isn't worth saving the money.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d417f3a0-9427-4d8d-a7ff-8109cb9c65c9Post:c9d6c651-8858-4e80-9716-b6d84ffcb9a3">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!  I'm on the dog sitter hate train with you , BK.  Guess how much weight my dog gained while we were gone?   THREE AND HALF POUNDS.  She weighed 15.5 and now she's 19 flucking pounds! I don't even understand how that was possible in a 2 1/2 week window. That's like me gaining 25 pounds in two and half weeks.  I don't think I could do that if I tried.   That's what I get for leaving her with a friend instead of boarding her. She apologized but seriously how hard is it to feed my dog 1/4 cup of food twice a day? Instead she gave it the dog food then bought some chicken breast, pork spare ribs, bully sticks, and raw hides for her.  She saved us a lot of money since we paid her about 1/4 what the boarding place charges, but it wasn't worth it. My poor dog doesn't even get excited to go on walks anymore. She's miserable and can hardly climb the stairs.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

I'd almost be a little concerned that there might be something else going on too.  That is just a ton of weight in that time.
    imageVacation
  • Poor pinot puppy!  How on earth did she gain so much in 2.5 weeks?  She must not feel well at all now.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Aw Koda, what a sucky welcome home!  :(  Poor Pinot.  I hope she'll feel better soon. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Isn't it weird how some dogs don't know when they're full?  We free-feed Nala because she's a nibbler and won't overeat.  The dumbass who has her mom thought it would be funny to see how much Manny would eat, since she'll eat whatever is in front of her.  She ate 14 cups of food before his wife made him stop. 

I hope Pinot feels better soon.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I can't believe she would just disregard your food plan like that. What kind of dog is Pinot, out of curiosity?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d417f3a0-9427-4d8d-a7ff-8109cb9c65c9Post:2610be56-e63d-4936-9622-ce7003792928">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Isn't it weird how some dogs don't know when they're full?  We free-feed Nala because she's a nibbler and won't overeat.  The dumbass who has her mom thought it would be funny to see how much Manny would eat, since she'll eat whatever is in front of her.  <strong>She ate 14 cups of food before his wife made him stop.</strong>  I hope Pinot feels better soon.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

WTF is wrong with people?
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-252?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d417f3a0-9427-4d8d-a7ff-8109cb9c65c9Post:6fc93d09-6200-481c-8599-0fe4a9acf2a5">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want the fridge with the top fridge, bottom freezer, and produce drawer in between. My dad has one and it's freakin awesome. Every time I get dragged to Lowe's or Home Depot, I go stare at it while H shops. But the thing is massive and won't fit in our tiny kitchen (plus we rent, so what's the point).
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I want this! I don't think it will fit in our kitchen though. Maybe when we redo the kitchen down the road.

I think I could be a vegetarian, but I would eat way to much cheese and that wouldn't be good.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012

Koda- That sucks!  That's a lot worse than my situation.  My anger stems from the fact that it wasn't a sitter, it was my BIL who lives with us and feeds her every day.  We all decided it'd be best of one person was the food giver person so that we didn't accidentally overfeed the dog and cats.  It also saves a lot of , "Did you feed the animals?" questions.  We asked before we left if he could take care of Peanut while we were gone, and he said, "Sure, no problem."  Obviously it was...  If he weren't a genuinely nice guy, I'd have kicked him out of the house a long time ago.  Knowing him though, he'd end up in a homeless shelter and that'd kill H. Maybe we can convince him to go live with the oldest brother in Illinois.  Hmmmmm, there's a thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards