Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

My parents & I are paying...

So my parents & I are paying for the wedding.  We aren't getting married until next year, but my mom is driving me nuts now (another forum for another time).  They are paying the majority of it.  She hasn't come outright and said they want the invites to reflect that they are paying, but today she was "designing" some and shared them with me.  She put their names as if they were paying for the entire wedding.  I am a 30 year old adult and it feels akward to have such a traditional wording.  Any advice or suggestions?  Or do I just sound like a petty, ungrateful being?
Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder

Re: My parents & I are paying...

• Options
    "Together with their families" or "together with their parents"

Or

Bride Lastname

and

Groom lastname

children of
    Brides parents
    and
    Grooms parents

And wording doesn't necessarily reflect who pays, just who hosts... and there can be a difference.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    My parents are hosting the wedding so I'm going with traditional wording. Meredith is right -- who pays isn't reflected on the invitation, it's who is hosting.

planning

• Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies.  I like the wording:

Bride Lastname

and

Groom lastname

children of
    Brides parents
    and
    Grooms parents

Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards