Destination Weddings Discussions

Puerto Rico June Wedding

Hi!
THis is my first post here! We are getting married in the San Juan Cathedral June 11 2011 and the we are planning on taking our guest to an Hacienda in Rio Grande.
The name of the Hacienda is Hacienda Siesta Alegre.
It took us a long time to decide if we wanted to have the reception at El Convento or at the hacienda, ultimately, we chose the hacienda because it would be OUR reception only. More private and i guess a little more "destination" than a room in a hotel.

My question is, does anyone know of previous weddings at the hacienda?

Thanks!!!

Re: Puerto Rico June Wedding

• Hi....welcome to an awesome  board!

im also a pr bride, but im getting married in the caribe hilton in san juan.
    i saw pics of where ur planning on getting married, and it is beautiful. ive never been  nor do i know anyone whos gotten married there. i do know that rio grande is like 40 mins from san juan so you just have to be prepared to have transportation for your guests.

if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. i actually just got back last week from a planning trip to pr.

good luck and happy planning!
  • Welcome to the board!  I'm also a PR bride and will be getting married April 10, 2011 in Old San Juan.  Our ceremony will be at El Morro and our reception will be at Hotel El Convento.  After much debate, we ultimately chose HEC, because it is right in the city so everything is walking distance.  As Jillian mentioned, we just didn't want to deal with transporting our guests.  Also, we loved the old world feel - which will be perfect for our Old Hollywood style wedding.  

My ficance and I will be going down for a planning trip this month, so if you need me to pickup or check out anything while we're there, just let me know :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited image 60 Ready to Party! image 84 Party Poopers image 10 MIA
    RSVP Date:February 14, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards