August 2012 Weddings

This is why you hire professionals..

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_the-pictures-are-terrible 

I wanted to share this horrible story from another knottie. I feel so horrible for this bride, as I personally think photos are the most cherishable items from your wedding day. It's just a reminder to brides to hire a professional or nobody at all.

Re: This is why you hire professionals..

• Heartbreaking, isn't it?!?! One of the many reasons why I opted for two photographers. Initially, we were going to use a husband-wife team, but found Benjamin and his assistant, Patrick. From the Sneak Peaks, the shots are amazing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This story is so sad.

On one hand, I feel for the couple, but on the other - they really, really took a risk.

I think this illustrates another reason to have engagement photos done, so you get to see ahead of your wedding day that your photographer is capable... or not.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • I didn't have a "professional" do it, but my photographer (who is also a cousin) had a ex-pro photographer (who is my aunt) assisting her with posing.  We also had a second photographer who took some really nice shots too.

I feel for that couple in the above link, but they did take a risk.. I took a similar one, but not as big of one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards