September 2014 Weddings

Hi fellow Sept. 2014 friends!

My name's Kaitlyn. I'm currently in college and recently, although no official ring yet, I am engaged! We decided on Sept. 2014 because it will be after we both graduate. So fellow brides, what are you up to? I've been looking at ideas and just starting to browse for fun. 

Re: Hi fellow Sept. 2014 friends!

• Hello Kaitlyn and congratulations on the recent engagement!  Happy planning!
  • Hi Kaitlyn,
    Im also planning on a September 2014 wedding.. also no official ring yet but we are set in stone on the date. Getting married in VT
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey Kaitlyn and everyone else,

I am in the same boat. Our date is set for 12/13/14 but no one is in my December 2014 board yet so I'm browsing all the 2014 boards to make new friends.

I've been doing the same thing. Pinning things to my pinterest board, bookmarking sites, and I've started an inspiration binder to keep all of my pics I tear out of magazines.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hello, I'm a Sept. 2014 Bride-to-be as well(: It's so nice to finally find a board with the long-engagement as well. I'm so excited, it's great to know there are other brides-to-be anxiously waiting their date!!<3

• Hello ladies!  I've got the ring and we are thinking 9/20/2014 for the date!  It's a long way off but we have already started scouting out venues and I have ordered my custom made bouquet!  I can't wait!!!  Good luck and congrats to you all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello! We just started looking at places- and are going to look next weekend with our Moms! Everyone keeps telling me dates go so quick- and they increase the price- which is making me a little anxious!! We dont necessarily have a date in mind, but an option would be nice :). I've been on other boards, and some brides seem mean! I read a few places that the nicest girls are always in the month boards. Seems like they were right! Congratulations everyone, and happy planning! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2014-weddings_hi-fellow-sept-2014-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a8ad825d-859f-4db5-9e59-9f91a556601dDiscussion:97e4cc69-14b6-40f7-9bf8-bce5d9becd55Post:edbdabc3-77fa-4757-8c6c-f9103a2cba6e">Re: Hi fellow Sept. 2014 friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! We just started looking at places- and are going to look next weekend with our Moms! Everyone keeps telling me dates go so quick- and they increase the price- which is making me a little anxious!! We dont necessarily have a date in mind, but an option would be nice :). I've been on other boards, and some brides seem mean! I read a few places that the nicest girls are always in the month boards. Seems like they were right! Congratulations everyone, and happy planning! 
    Posted by phishnwithmoe[/QUOTE]

<div>Yah some wives/singles/alot of women on here are very um RAWRRR lol fiesty! I posted on a board a long rant/ramble whatever and got attacked.</div><div>Anyways... I've been with my beau since Sept. 5, 2010 we are Courting :) so technically engaged, no ring yet, no pressure. :) I actually am fine with not being engaged in our society's standards because everyone expects you to get married soon or have some extravagant plan to explain to everyone that asks.</div><div>
    </div><div>I put Sept 2014 because I figure we will tie the knot between now and then because we are serious, but no rush because getting married is expensive! I need to save up money!</div><div>
    </div><div>Looking forward to getting to know you Ladies <3</div>
  • hello ladies...

I just moved over from the May 14 board because we changed our date once we saw the venue we really wanted - totally great for fall...9/20/2014.

we booked our venue today - Bella Tori at the Mansion in Langhorne PA...it will be a small gathering of about 50-75 people...

And, not to be too bossy, but just a little FYI for everyone - venue's and photographers generally do book up to 2 yrs before your date.  You should have the date you want and a backup date in mind when talking with venue's (my FI and I were engaged 2 yrs ago (that's another story) and learned the hard way that waiting really is not good when you want a specific date)...bottom line - book early, you might save on time and money...

good luck to everyone, and happy planning. Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Hi!  I'm the same.  Officially engaged but no ring!  We're waiting about a year to do the ring things because of some complications of my divorce.  We're set on our date, color scheme, etc.
  • No ring yet but we are planning on 9-20-2014 in PA. I'm glad to see I'm not crazy to be starting to plan so early.
  • I am 9/13/14 and am SO excited!! I have a David Yurman promise ring on my hand until I get an enegagment ring early next year. I am collecting ideas like eveyone else! I might go ahead and book this amazing DJ I really really want though.
    **~ Counting Down Till Love Wins**~ 9.20.14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2014-weddings_hi-fellow-sept-2014-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a8ad825d-859f-4db5-9e59-9f91a556601dDiscussion:97e4cc69-14b6-40f7-9bf8-bce5d9becd55Post:e06f99ef-0a6d-4a93-9bea-cffdaeaf7be8">Re: Hi fellow Sept. 2014 friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No ring yet but we are planning on 9-20-2014 in PA. I'm glad to see I'm not crazy to be starting to plan so early.
    Posted by mencileed[/QUOTE]

I'm also a PA bride with the same date!! Engaged exactly two weeks ago and already knee deep in planning! haha
  • Glad to know I am not crazy for booking 9/20/14 so far in advance!  Really want the planning process to be fun and easy, not stressful and rushed!  So far only the venue is booked, but doing more research for vendors, etc.
  • Hello. My name is Jessica we are planning on getting married September 13,2014. We decided this day based on the weather her in TN. We don't like to be hot, so May-August was out of the question so September it will be hopefully really sunny and nice weather. I am so nervous and so excited at the same time.
  • Hello Brides!!

I was given my ring this weekend. It is the exact one I picked out 9 days ago. Such a great guy!!

We are planning for Sept 29th 2014. Three years from the day we met. I am hoping for an outdoor semi-traditional ceremony, in a garden if possible. Best wishes to you all.

• Hi! I'm (another) PA bride who's planning (another) September 20, 2014 wedding, haha. We got engaged in February, and knew immediately that we wanted some extra time to just enjoy being engaged and prepare ourselves for the craziness of planning.

So far we've booked only the venue. I'm over the moon in love with the place we chose . . . it's always kind of been my dream wedding venue. :)

Congrats and happy planning -- looking forward to getting to know you all! (Just think: This time next year, we'll all be THREE months away from our weddings!!!)
  • Hi girls,

Congrats everyone!  This is such an exciting time :)

I just got engaged also... He proposed on our hiking trip to the Grand Canyon and Utah national parks.  Of course I was dirty and smelly but he still wanted to marry me... guess that's true love :)

Anyway, we've been engaged for less than 2 weeks and I'm already feeling the stress of planning (and I loooove planning).  The first two venues I heard back from are completely booked every single Saturday in 2014 :(  I'm still waiting to hear back from the others I've contacted, but my top two choices are out.  Is anyone else having a tough time finding a venue?  My fiance thought I was crazy to be planning this far ahead, but obviously that's not the case.  

I'm mostly concerned about getting the venue and food figured out, then I feel like I have plenty of time to take care of everything else.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards