Getting in Shape
Options

Newbie Here

Hi everyone, I'm Jen. I'm getting married in about 4 months EEK!! I need to shed some pounds and I'm looking for some motivation and maybe an accountability partner. I have 2 kids so finding time to work out is difficult, but I think it would be better if I had someone who will ask me about it. I'm 5'8 and 162lbs. My goal weight is 140. Anyone else in the same boat?? 
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Newbie Here

• Options
    hey Jen, welcome to the board! 

We do an accountability thread every day (it will be titled "Workout Accountability: Day of the week"), which I encourage you to start participating in. It's a great motivator :)
  • Options
    Welcome, Jen!!

Congrats!! Tell us a little about your wedding! We love details and pictures :)

I would like to lose a little weight by the wedding... but I've been trying since LAST April and can't find the motiovation so I'm no help, but this board is super supportive!!
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_newbie-here-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:247169a3-49ca-4daf-84b1-972d42f5d090Post:98263b9f-051a-4531-b519-30e575799c61">Re: Newbie Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome, Jen!! Congrats!! Tell us a little about your wedding! We love details and pictures :) I would like to lose a little weight by the wedding... but I've been trying since LAST April and can't find the motiovation so I'm no help, but this board is super supportive!!
    Posted by jparli[/QUOTE]

Jparli - we're in the same boat.... and have the same wedding date!  Hope your planning's going well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well I don't have a lot of details about my wedding so far. We just got engaged and we aren't wasting any time getting married. This is the 2nd wedding for both of us, so we don't want to make a big deal of it. I've bought my dress and put a stock pic of it on here and a pic of my ring too.  We are doing an outdoor wedding and a reception in my fiance's shop. I need to lose about 10 lbs or so. I hope you girls will keep me motivated!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    rikkidawn28rikkidawn28 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I joined Jenny Craig and loss 25 pounds in 4 months. I gained back 5 because I wasn't paying attention to my diet. I want to lose 5 to 10 pounds before my wedding which is in 55 days. I have learned alot from Jenny C. and will try to drop the weight without going back on  the JC program. I am doing this by cutting out soda and alcohol. I am allowing myself to drink coffee and the occassional energy drink. I will make it a goal to eat salad everyday and small portion control meals ranging from 250-330 calories. I have bought 110 calorie Skinny Cow dessert bars to treat myself. 100 calorie snacks are ok to eat a couple times a day to keep your metabolism going. Some examples of snacks I eat include tropical trail mix with pineapple, mango, and nuts as well as granola bars. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    I am going to try to get my calorie intake down to about 1200 calories  a day which is what i was consuming while on Jenny Craig.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards