New Jersey
Options

Park Savoy photographers?

Hi! I will be getting married next April at the Park Savoy and I am trying to decide on a photographer...
Most important to us is budget and a photographer familiar with our venue.. so anyone park savoy brides my sharing who you're using and how much??

We met with Glenmar we like them... very personable. Nice work, nothing that blew us away...
 Glenmar's photography package started at $2400 We were hoping to throw in a basic video for a few hundred dollars but it's an extra1500-1800... videos not that important to us just something we'd like to have

then we met the American photographers seemed to have nice work and to be very affordable... everything under 3000. My only doubt is they weren'tt recommended by our venue

Re: Park Savoy photographers?

• Options
    AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    If you like American Photographers and have read good things elsewhere, I'd go with them. Venue recs dont hold much weight with me. I think they're more about a business relationship and less about being the best vendors. Any good vendor will familiarize themselves with your venue ahead of time. ETA: we used none of our venue's recommendations.
  • Options
    I agree; you can't go by what your vendor recommends.  They only recommend photographers that pay them to be on their vendor list or give them photos for free.

I'm using Jamie Bodo Photography and paying $2125
  • Options
    I agree about vendor recommendations; that they are more about kickbacks or other payments and less about true recommendations owing to quality.  And I don't think it's very important that a photographer knows your venue.  Although they're different, they're also all kind of the same:  the big entry hall, dramatic staircases and chandeliers, the gardens and fountains, etc.  A capable and professional photographer should do a great job even if it's the first time they've shot there because they just know what to do.

We're using Robert Wayne Photography.  Don't know if he's worked at the Savoy or not.  Our package will probably total very low $3k's, but that's with a very high end album for us, parent albums, and the disc with rights.
  • Options
    I ended up using Jessica Lauren Photography. She is not one of their preferred vendors, but she is very familiar with the Park Savoy and has shot a lot of weddings there. She did our engagement pics already and I just love her work. She made us really comfortable, which was huge since we are both not used to doing photo shoots. Her packages are really flexible- I can't remember what she started at but we stayed in the high 2's for ours and it was one of her higher ones.

I will say that my cousin used Milton Gil, although she was a bride at Nanina's, not the Park Savoy. I was less than impressed with his work. Milton was actually their main photographer, along with an assistant. She said you have to specifically request him or you end up with whoever from his company is assigned to you. She was not happy at all with her pictures and they were pretty pricy.

• Options
    We used Steve Belner of Photovisions. I'm not positive he has shot a wedding at wedding at Park Savoy, but I know he says on his website that if he has not done a wedding there, he will go with you prior to the wedding and talk about what you'd do photowise at the venue.

His photos were amazing. I can't recommend him enough.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

My wedding is in New York and we went with Diya Studios Photography

The package is as follows: (under 2k)

Unlimited Wedding Coverage

Extra 2nd Photographer

Engagement Shoot

Bridal Shoot Before the wedding or A day after session included*

Coffee table album

Flash Drive of images

Full Rights to Print

www.diyastudios.com

Good luck!!!! 

• Options
    I worked a wedding with Kamila Harris at the Park Savoy and she has shot a lot of photo shoots with her for my boudoir and 1950's startlet pictures. I can share the blog post with you. If you would like to see 
  • Options
    Are those prices for jessica lauren and janes biodi with videos? Btw I saw Milton Gil at a bridal show and got a strange feeling from them... Idk like way too many people behind the stand and it seemed like nobody was in charge or cared
  • Options
    Can people please give prices and if its with video or without? Lol great to know who you used but not very helpful. my number 1 priority is getting video and photographer minimum 10 hours, full album, engagement shoot etc. for under 3000
  • Options
    I think you're going to have trouble getting talented professional photographers and videographers for that price.  I would actually say you're down in Craigs List terrirtory.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the risk is there you did need to be much more careful.  Have you looked there?
  • Options
    I agree with the above posters. It is all about payback. I am not sure knowing the venue make all that much of a difference. Each venue changes with the season and time of day and the weather. A friend of a friend posted a video clip from the Park Savoy if you want to see how it looks for a wedding though. http://vimeo.com/54927131
  • Options
    I heard those "preferred" vendors actually pay a lot of money to be on those lists. The venue doesn't care who they are as long as they show them the money.
  • Options
    AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_park-savoy-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:5bd14877-bb46-4d2a-b3f8-ac4dcabae7bcPost:2bee9514-fa77-4222-abd1-da4ab18acb68">Re:Park Savoy photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can people please give prices and if its with video or without? Lol great to know who you used but not very helpful. my number 1 priority is getting video and photographer minimum 10 hours, full album, engagement shoot etc. for under 3000
    Posted by veevi24[/QUOTE]

<div>That's really low for video AND photo for wedding AND engagement shoot AND a full album. You could get either photo or video for that, but I wouldn't trust anyone that offered both plus the extras of engagement shoot and full album for $3k in NJ.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_park-savoy-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:5bd14877-bb46-4d2a-b3f8-ac4dcabae7bcPost:4b3c17bb-6ff5-45a1-9638-ed597561f927">Re:Park Savoy photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Park Savoy photographers? : That's really low for video AND photo for wedding AND engagement shoot AND a full album. You could get either photo or video for that, but I wouldn't trust anyone that offered both plus the extras of engagement shoot and full album for $3k in NJ.
    Posted by AndreaJulia[/QUOTE]

<div>They'll be out of business like that Mike Distasio guy.</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/michael-distasio-photographic-artist-hd-video-production-little-falls/5b981bff51ee3dba.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/michael-distasio-photographic-artist-hd-video-production-little-falls/5b981bff51ee3dba.html</a></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards