Wisconsin
Options

shoes?

I'm looking for suggestions of where to buy shoes ive covered DSW, mayfair and brookfield...no luckI dont want to buy off the internet, I'd like to try them on in the store before I buy them, any ideas?  Thanks=)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: shoes?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you don't want to buy the shoes off the internet, but I found mine on piperlime.com.  I was able to order a few pairs that I liked (free shipping always) and return the ones that I didn't like (again...free shipping always)!  And you can keep on doing this until you find the pair you want.  It takes more time, but I liked not having to sit in a busy department store on a Saturday!  I would recommend that!  Also, it is part of Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy, so you can combine orders if you wanted clothing items too!  Some of the shoe prices are fairly reasonable as well.  I bought mine for $49 even, no sales tax or shipping :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the same thing as jcrew using shoes.com and endless.com.  I know it seems like a pain, but there's a much better selection online and there's free shipping both directions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    payless and nordstrom.com

If you get a chance to go to the Nordstrom's in Chicago...their shoe department is to die for! Nordstrom Rack outlets are scattered in the Chicagoland area and also have a ton of shoes at a reasonable price. Hope this helps :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    morticia,

what mall/location in chicago land? oakbrook or woodfield or old orchard?

thanks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you try David's Bridal. They have a decent selection of dyeable shoes. That's where I ended up getting mine when I was having trouble finding shoes. They also have wide widths which was nice for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mine are Nina and I ordered them from Zappos.com because they had free shipping and free returns. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    2nd payless!  got mine for 25 bucks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to have shoes by next week for my fitting.  You have NO idea how helpful everyone has been in this post.
    I went to a Nordstrom Rack when I picked up my gown in IL.  I almost found shoes.  I have looked online at a few places, including DB but I don't want a dyeable.  I'm going to try Mr. Shoes on Farwell and then I'm going to try a "drag store" on North Ave.  because let's face it...those girlfriends need shoes that are "off the hook". 
    I will also try the suggestions on this post that I had not heard of, thanks!

This is THE most useful post for me in the last week.  woo hoo.
    - L. J. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Zappos! They have a great, no hassle return policy and the shipping is fast. That is where I found mine. Good Luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards