New York-New York City
Options

NYC Themed Favors

Anyone have suggestions for NYC themed favors? 99% of our guests are coming from out of town so I figured a new york themed gift would be fun.

Thanks!

Re: NYC Themed Favors

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi....Maybe a shot glass or coffee mug with the NYC skyline?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Black and white cookies.  Edible favors are always a big hit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the ideas! I was thinking black and white cookies (i was also thinking of including those in welcome bags).  Any suggestions for a place to get them? I know every bakery in the city has them, but I wasn't sure if anyone had experience with one in particular that was great.  
  • Options
    whitts79whitts79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing black and white cookies. We're ordering them from Joey's Fine Foods. They have a website but if you call, they can do a special order for you according to the number you need.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    tychandlertychandler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a NY Themed wedding and we are planning to have candy red apples with a note thats "Thanks for coming to our Big Apple Wedding."

I have heard of a few people using the black and white cookies, but I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life and never knew that was a NY thing.  I've never even had one. So maybe everyone won't get the connection. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love your "Thanks for coming to our Big Apple Wedding"!  That is super cute.  I've thought of candy apples as well.  Who are you getting your apples from?

whitts79- I sent an e-mail to Joey's.  Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    tychandlertychandler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure yet, I have been looking at a few vendors that do large orders online. I'm getting married in August, which isn't apple season, but I want to make the candy apples happen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used various NYC themed food items to add to our welcome bags.

We included a bottle of Wolffer "Big Apple" wine or Brooklyn Pilsner, subway token chocolates (http://www.choconet1.com/nyc-chocolate-subway-tokens-12-per-box.html), nyc mint tins (from Century 21), and beer & pretzel caramels (http://liddabitsweets.foodzie.com/beer-and-pretzel-caramels.html)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Your welcome bags sounds AMAZING!  I love what you put in them.  I will definitely keep those in mind, thank you for including the links!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards