South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Peninsula Grill vs. High Cotton??

My fiance and I are from Ohio and just LOVE Charleston.  We are planning on getting married next June in Charleston.  So far we have it narrowed down to either the Peninsula Grill or High Cotton.  We have eate at the Peninsula Grill and love the food & atmosphere.  I have not eaten at High Cotton but have read great reviews of the restaurant and everytime we are there it's packed.  There is a significant price difference between the two so I was wondering if anyone had an opinion one way or the other.  Or even some other small restaurant venue options for a party of 30-40 (McCrady's is already booked).

Re: Peninsula Grill vs. High Cotton??

• Options
    katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Check out Carolina's on Exchange St.  Great food and can't beat their service!  We had our reception at McCrady's so bummer that it is booked because we had a great time there.  We looked at High Cotton but honestly I was not crazy about their rooms.  The larger of their two rooms has these columns right in the middle of the room that just make it feel smaller.  Can't speak about Peninsula Grill though because we have never been there.
  • Options
    Where are you getting married in Charleston?
  • Options
    We are getting married at st. Luke's chapel. We would like to stay in historic charleston for the reception.
  • Options
    We are getting married a month before you at Planters Inn/Peninsula Grill so of course my opinion will be a little biased! Both locations would be greatl, I just love the location of Planters Inn. The private dining room at Planters Inn has a beautiful courtyard and I love that guests will be able to enjoy both spaces. And of course the food at Peninsula Grill is amazing! Good luck with the wedding location search, Charleston is so beautiful I know you will love wherever you decide!
  • Options
    I would go with Peninsula Grill.  Love their food and I think is much more reasonable than High Cotton. Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    I was not as impressed with High Cottons rooms as well. We are getting married at McCradys as we are having a 25-30 guest wedding, so we looked at very similar vendors. Also their food was just okay, we ate brunch there. Now if their private dining rooms were just as pretty as their main dining room, I would of been sold!
  • Options
    Thank you for the input.  McCrady's was booked so really our decision came down to Peninsula Grill & High Cotton.  The price difference and flexibility offered at High Cotton helped us in our decision. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards