Destination Weddings Discussions

What makes you nervous about your wedding day

This question got posted on another board today and I stole it.  It go me thinking about what I am most nervous of and this is what I wrote:

"This is kind of silly but I am nervous about the fact that I have a corset back for my dress and there is only one person who I want to lace it for me and she might not be there to do it.  I have no idea who else to ask because I don't want my stepmom or stepsister to even really help me at all." 

So what make you nervous?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: What makes you nervous about your wedding day

• I think I'm most nervous about the weather since it's outside and that I won't like anything there because I'm not traveling there ahead of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Being a bride with a belly :-\ not that i am preggers now and don't get me wrong I can't wait to have babies...i just don't want to slip up and end up being a bride with a belly...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Cathy have hubby do it from a doorway! I was nervous about my curls falling out....and they did but it didn't kill me or ruin my pics!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I am most nervous about my guests not loving the location as much as FI & I do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_what-makes-you-nervous-about-your-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:1bc1f6e7-a9da-460e-9438-b81ce09e8cf7Post:742ec03c-b45c-41ed-848c-d402ef25c94c">Re: What makes you nervous about your wedding day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cathy have hubby do it from a doorway! I was nervous about my curls falling out....and they did but it didn't kill me or ruin my pics!
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

I would but he doesn't want to see my dress until I walk down the aisle.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I was most nervous about the weather since it had been raining pretty much every afternoon!  Other then that I just tried to relax and enjoy whatever happened!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • I am very nervous about the weather and getting a price that my guests can afford.
    Anniversary
  • I was most nervous about the unknown. Since it was on a cruise I wasn't sure on a lot of areas and just had to wait and see what happened.
  • That a hurricane will come, our cruise will miss the port, and we'll be unmarried!! The wedding coordinator says it's only happened once ever and not to worry but still. But I figure if it happens, we'll just do a ceremony at the AHR lol.
  • I think that the weather worries me the worst since everything is outdoors!  But I tell myself not to worry b/c there is nothing that anyone can do about that!
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Even though I put up a good front about not caring, I'm worried that people will think our wedding is lame or no fun. :(

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_what-makes-you-nervous-about-your-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:1bc1f6e7-a9da-460e-9438-b81ce09e8cf7Post:16382efd-8576-444a-8cbe-97bd5658dd22">Re: What makes you nervous about your wedding day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Being a bride with a belly :-\ not that i am preggers now and don't get me wrong I can't wait to have babies...i just don't want to slip up and end up being a bride with a belly...
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]

I have a couple things I'm nervous about but that is by far the scariest for me! we had a scare last month and I was so upset that I was going to be prego on my wedding day.. lol we are planning on trying in Mexico so its not that we don't want kids I just really want to be careless on our day :)

the other thing is silly and I know you only need a bride and groom for a wedding but I'm really nervous the people that mean the most to me won't be there... my aunt that I grew up with she is basically my sister just got married last year and she is so caught up in her life and now has a baby that she didn't even consider going she just say no right away :( My dad hasn't committed to coming and my mom keeps making up excuses as to why she hasn't bought tickets yet or even been serious about coming. FI family is so small his mom brother and dad and all are coming I'm a little jelous it was so easy for him lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • faith! with your location I think it is impossible for people not to have fun!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope so Dolly!! Thanks! :D Just worried people are going to scoff, lol. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • walking down the aisle!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am nervous that the weather will be bad, or the guests won't like the location. Some of FI's family is a little snoody and I just don't want to feel like they are looking down on our wedding.
  • I think all the ladies touched on everything I am terrified about! Since I am a cruise bride I am kinda scared of giving someone nearly complete control of planning my wedding!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The flow of wedding events. I have a fear of boredom and the momentum fizzling out during the change of activity. Wedding>cocktail hour> band and fire eater> dinner
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm nervous for my mom because it will be her first time flying somewhere ever and it's out of the country. And I'm nervous nobody will have fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have two big worries.
    1) I am worried about the weather with everything being outside. I'm not a huge fan of their indoor location that we have for a backup plan
    2) I am worried about family drama. My family is a HUGE issue sometimes, and if you add booze even more so. I didn't invite some family trying to solve this (I don't have a relationship with them anyway) but I am still worried something will start
  • I also have two big worries ( and they're very similar to BMcLeodTeam)
    Since mine is a cruise wedding to the Cayman Islands, I am concerned weather will be bad and we won't be able to make our stop and miss the wedding...yikes!

And family drama...my side of the family has some issues with handling their booze and ....yeah...i know that it will be a quick reception since we have to get back on the ship...but still ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards