DC

Where to dress shop??

Hello girls! I am scouting dress shops in the DC/ NOVA area so I can make an appointment when my mom and MOH & Matron OH come in to town. I've looked up some reviews and came up with the following list:
  • Betsy Robinson (Baltimore, a little far but good reviews)
  • Bobbis Bridal (Fairfax, VA)
  • Lilys's Bridal (Baltimore)
  • Global Bridal Gallery (Alexandria, VA)
  • Rosalins Bridal Botique (Falls Church, VA)
I love the Maggie Sottero line, so would like to make sure where I shop also carries it. I'm pretty sure all on this list do. I am planning to go on a Friday and then on Saturday if needed (will make appointments with a couple of them).

Any Suggestions on if you visited any of the above would be truly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to dress shop??

• edited December 2011
    I have been to Bobbi's and they were great. Here are a bunch more for you to look at. All were recommended by other knotties and I have been to several of them. Bridal Images Rockville Chamille de vi Springfield mall I do I do bridal Rockville Priscilla of Boston, Tysons White Swan Vienna Hitched Georgetown Hannelore's alexandria I can provide you with reviews on some out them if you need it.
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Didn't look to see which ones carry Maggie Sottero or not.
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The only shop listed above that I have experience with is Roslin's. The interior is very small and outdated, but they have a great selection of dresses. The owners were really helpful and not pushy at all. They let my girls and I hang out in the dressing room (which are huge) without watching us like a hawk. I read the reviews on Yelp and it looks like they carry a lot of Maggie Sottero's. The price point is also on the lower end. If you're looking for the bridal experience (basking the the pre-wedding glow whilst standing on a platform for your friends to admire you, while drinking champagne) this place is not for you.

I know you didn't mention it above, but don't go to Katherine's in Alexandria. The sales people are really pushy and they don't have that great a selction of gowns. Just not worth the trip.  I purchased from Ellie's in Alexandria. Had a pretty good experience and would recommend it to purchase the dress, but not for alterations (I saved $250 by going elsewhere).

If you plan on going on Saturday, you need to make an appointment at each place. When I called for an appt at Ellie's (a week in advance), they only had 1 time slot left. No time slot=no dressing room=waste of time. I would just hate for you to make the trip then not be given the customer service which is really necessary for making this important purchase.
  • edited December 2011
    I really loved Chevy Chase Bridal.  I think the only big one missing is Carine's Bridal.  Unfortunately Priscilla of B is closing.
  • Cocobean77Cocobean77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really appreciating all the feedback. Never thought looking for a place to try on gowns would need as much research. But with so many of the reviews on yelp being negative, makes you want to avoid some of them completely!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lclemencelclemence member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Priscilla of Boston is having a sale on all their sample dresses. Everything in the store is 40% off! I was going to cancel my appointment there next week when I heard they were closing, but not now!
  • osterhoutaosterhouta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Riziks and had a great experience.  Stay awayfrom Ellies in Old Town.  My mom ordered her dress from there 4 months before the wedding and 2 weeks before the wedding they called and said it was discontinued and she wouldn't be getting it!  Not sure what the heck they were doing for the  3 1/2 months in between but it was crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Janeatte's in Manassas. It's far out but I thought they had a good selection and were less expensive than closer in places. The people weren't as friendly as I'd have liked, but it was worth it for the price.
  • edited December 2011
    I been to White Swan in Vienna. I didn't like it at all. Customer service is really suck. They don't help you. I didn't like the way they treat their merchandise. She stepped all over the dress that I picked out, throw tiara on the floor, then pick it up and put it on my head, very disrespectful.
  • edited December 2011
    Go to the Bridal Closet in Vienna. They carry Sottero Migley.  for Beverly.  She is awesome. I went in with one idea. She convinced me , without being pushy, to try on a dress that I wouldn;t have originally considered and it ended up being the One.  I went to Rosalin's and although they carried the same dress cheaper, I felt the service wasn't as good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards