Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Venue Suggestions for Large Wedding?

Hi everyone!

(Sorry also posted this in MN board). Fi and I are planning a wedding for Summer/Fall 2014 but need help with venue suggestions in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Criteria:

- can hold 450-500 people
- classy/romantic
- no crazy minimums (spoke with The Depot -- they want a 40,000 minimum!!)
- budget is more in the 10,000-20,000 range
- provides wedding planning services or has a really good caterer. Basically, i dont want to be stuck ordering table cloths because our venue doesn't do anything but unlock doors for us.

So far, I have liked International Market Square, The Great Hall in St. Paul, and the Depot. But the Depot is out of the question now because of cost.

Thanks!

Nora

Re: Venue Suggestions for Large Wedding?

• We are having ours at the Medina Ballroom.  The decor is a little retro, but the space is huge and their prices were really reasonable per person.  We are having about 350 people and the reception is sitting around 14k with beer and wine.  And, they own a motel in the parking lot.  The outside looks old, but the rooms were just rennovated and it's only $58 a night.

We also looked at The Great Hall.  it was probably 2nd on our list.  It was lacking reasonable lodging close by (there were a few connected by skyway), and we were worried about accessibility as my brother is in a wheelchair and it seemed the handicap entrances were not very convenient.
  • can you comment on catering? do they provide catering or decorations (table cloths, chair covers, ceiling drapery). Thanks!
  • Medina includes the ceiling draping with twinkle lights and table cloths and napkins.  They have the ceiling draping up from April-Oct automatically, if you're getting married in the winter, I think it's extra.  I believe chair covers are extra, but they do have them available.  Their on-site restuarant does their catering.  We are getting a 2 entree buffet for $24.99 a person.  They also have plated meals that range from about $18-30 a plate.  We have our tasting with them on the 29th, so I will have more information after that date.  (I just decided to look at their website to make sure I was right on the linens...here's the list of what's included:)
    Wedding Reception Room Rental Includes:
    • Room Rental 10am to 1am
    • White Linen Tablecloths and Skirting with Your Choice of Napkin Color
    • Cutting of Your Wedding Cake
    • Set Up and Clean Up
    • Place Settings
    • Wedding Consultant on Premises during your Event
    • Dance Floor
    • Security Guard
    • Ample Complimentary Parking
    • Special Meal Pricing for Children 10 and Under
    • Ballroom: 2 Oil Candles per Guest Table & Twinkle Lights around the Dance Floor
    • Ballroom:  Full White Ceiling Draping with Twinkle Lights (May-Sept.)
    • Party Rooms:  Full White Ceiling Draping with Twinkle Lights (May-Oct.)
    • Complimentary Room Rental for Your Gift Opening (Sundays only)
    • Special Room Rates at The Medina Inn Next Door 

The venue can hold 600+ seated.  And since they are a concert venue, they have a fully stocked bar and extra kegs and stuff available, so even if you don't order enough, you can get more without an issue.

If I remember correctly, The Great Hall was pretty much ala carte.  you had to pick your caterer, and the beverage provider was separate.  
  • Thank you so much! This is so helpful. I will add this to my places-to-see list.

Anyone have other venue suggestions for me to consider?
  • It's not in Minneapolis, it's in Eagan but I will give the Royal Cliff my praises all the time.  They have a minnimum (I think 5000).  It is basically a blank canvas and you can make it look as stunning as you want. 

But here's what should sell you.... Their food is made by an italian Deli and is to DIE for!!! We served Chicken Parm and people continue to rave about.  (we were only married in September)
    -Their pricing is unbeatable.
    -Tracy, the wedding coordinator is a ROCKSTAR and so easy to talk to
    -You are the only event that night and they treat you like you are the only guest they have ever had.
    -Their beer and wine and liquor prices are very reasonable as well as the cost of food.
    -They want to make it work for you so whatever you need to do is fine.
    -no cake cutting fee!
    -Seats 500

I HIGHLY suggest you look into them.. They don't have the worlds best website... but trust me it was awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thank you! i will look into it!

anyone else have suggestions please?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards