DC

Need Indoor Ceremony/Reception Site for Jan 2011

Looking into options for a friend.  She wants everything in one location.  Trying to stay in Northern VA.

Re: Need Indoor Ceremony/Reception Site for Jan 2011

• edited December 2011
    I dont know if shes interested in a hotel but I am getting married next week at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Alexandria Va. We are doing it all in one location- We are taking the entire ballroom but splitting it in half- For the ceremony, we are working w/ DC Rental (great place!! A+) and they are putting the paritition wall up and then in front of it putting ivory draping to cover it and make it more of a half moon shape and make it feel more cozy. Then after the ceremony during the cocktail hr- guests are going oustide intoa really nice area, and they are breaking the wall down and opening it up!

We also looked at the meadowlark gardens in mcclean...sorta over our budget but super nice! Another nice place is raspberry plains in leesburg.

best of luck
    email me if you have any ?s ! :)
  • calattcalatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If Leesburg isn't too far out I'd suggest Lansdowne Resort.  Everyone can stay there (no worries about people driving), they have various areas both inside and outside to have a ceremony and ample ballroom space.
  • anastasia80anastasia80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try checking out Foxchase Manor, located in Manassas - hope that's not too far.  The venue is beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    i am getting married this feb and was looking for an indoor space with some sort of view.  my top two choices were lansdowne and key bridge marriott.  both are great for a winter wedding, but we ended up going with the key bridge marriott
  • scoettoscoetto member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our ceremony & reception at Cabell's Mill in Centreville Oct 24. It was wonderful! The location was amazing, the people were great to work with. Depending on the size of the wedding, they have different properties that can be booked throughout Fairfax County.

You are able to bring in your caterer, dj, etc. It was awesome and we had lots of compliments on how beautiful the location was. Good luck!

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/hprs/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards