Wisconsin

Door County

I love Door County Wisconsin.  I am from Madison and am looking for places in the Door County Area that will accomdate around 250 people for a reception.  I have found only a few and do not want to hire a local wedding planner to find out more information.  Any Suggestions?

Re: Door County

• kpankratzkpankratz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Apine Resort (egg harbor) I believe accomodates 200+, the landmark (egg harbor) accomodates about 200, and Stone Harbor in Sturgeon bay can accomodate about 400...  also, check out Gordon Lodge in Bailey's Harbor... hope that helps
  • DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Door County native.  It'll really depend on what you're looking for and your budget.

Maxwelton Braes
    Stone Harbor Resort
    Wave Point Resort & Marina (outdoor tented)
    Gordon Lodge
    Alpine
    Bjorklunden
    The Orchards
    Mr. G's
    The Landmark
    Nature Center at Crossroads/Big Creek
    Scandinavian Lodge (might max out at 200 though, I'm not sure)

• ddcarlson2ddcarlson2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for an updated elegant indoor reception, as formal as possible with a beautiful overlook of doorcounty in the fall! thx for the advice!! any more info would be welcomed!
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend that got married at Stone Harbor in Sturgeon Bay this past September and it was the most beautiful wedding!!!!! She had the ceremony outside overlooking the harbor and the old bridge, and the ceremony inside which was great! food was good, and its convenient being inside the hotel.  If you want to see pictures let me know and I will message you my facebook name, i played for her ceremony! 
    Also, if you need a place to take pictures Cave Point is AMAZING!!!!!! it's about 20 minutes north of Sturgeon Bay on the Lake Michigan side.  There are so many gorgeous spots up there for weddings, good luck!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Horseshoe Bay in Egg Harbor is gorgeous as well, not sure if you have to be a member to use it though.
  • 214mattie214mattie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just want to say that the cherry orchards when blossoming would be SO beautiful for wedding pictures.. Has anyone ever done that?
  • DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my son's 3 month old pictures in blossoming cherry orchards in Door County.  :)  The photographer that did them has photographed weddings there too.  So gorgeous. 
  • kpankratzkpankratz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    from what I hear Maxwelton Braes is out of business
  • ddcarlson2ddcarlson2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard of Alexanders in fish creek? any details about it?  We are now bringing the number down to 80 to 100!
  • fraterfrater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am as well hoping to have my wedding in door county but I am looking for someting in the sturgeon bay area. Is there any other place in sturgeon bay besides stone harbor that holds the ceramony, and reception. Im looning to have an outdoor ceramony in late sept 2011.
  • morgan270morgan270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stone Harbor is a beautiful location, but here are a few other options in Sturgeon Bay for ceremony + rooms:

Waive Point Marina & Resort
    Sand Bay Beach Resort
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards