California-Bay Area

GOOD DJ needed for San Jose Wedding! Suggestions?

Here is my story. My FI and I went to an awesome company party where the DJ of the party is an employee of the company. We introduced ourselves, asked for his business card, went from there. We had an amazing time and loved his style for our wedding. We met with him, discussed what we wanted, he quoted us, etc.....We agreed I would send him a tentative schedule and would send in a deposit to secure our date. Since then, I've emailed him at least three times, and called another three times and left messages. Two weeks after my last email, he replies, "hey sorry, been real busy, will call you this week." So the week has passed, and no word yet. Our wedding is July 11th. I'm practically throwing money at him. Our other vendors are nothing like this. Also,  I would prefer a bilingual DJ, (spanish) which he doesn't speak Spanish but he said he could get one of this guys to MC...thoughts? Know any good DJs? Thanks! Smile

Re: GOOD DJ needed for San Jose Wedding! Suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    im so sorry about your current djs. i hate vendors who don't communicate. :(

im using denon and doyle djs. i've only heard great things about them and they have been SO great to work with! the company has many djs, possibly a bilingual one. it's worth a shot to check and see if they are available on your date. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Ross from Elite Entertainment.  I had really good feedback for Turner and the owner/manager (his name is escaping me right now) but they were both unavailable.  Ross was great during the first meeting.

I've heard rave reviews about Big Fun DJ but they were a bit more.  Henry the owner was so nice but he wouldn't match Elites price so I went with Elite.

Good Luck.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Elite Entertainment
    Anniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, all! We found DJ OZ on yelp.com, met with him, loved him, sent in our deposit! Woohoo! He's having a special right now for summer, too. VERY reasonable. Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards