Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Officiants, JOP

Turns out we can't afford Bloody Mary as our officiant.. she starts at $350. We are now looking for a basic Justice of the Peace. There is only one listed on The Knot, and I have currently contacted her. Any recommendations would be a big help, I'm finding it difficult to find anyone through google. 

Thanks!!! 

Re: Officiants, JOP

• Options
    We are getting a friend ordained to marry us. That might be your cheapest option if you have someone that you would like to do it and would be willing to! It's really just the cost of the certificate and getting the paperwork notarized
  • Options
    Most are at least 200 to 250. We are using judge Kevin Centanni and ther are good reviews on here for John Zimmer.
  • Options
    thanks! we're eloping and live in British Columbia Canada, unfortuately we don't know anyone in New Orleans - can't get a friend to do it. 
  • Options
    You could also consider getting married at the Algiers courthouse. That would probably cost less
  • Options
    I am using John Zimmer! He sounded great on the phone! I think he was around 250.
  • Options
    Judge Centanni was terrific!  I think he's either $200 or $250
  • Options
    I'm using John Zimmer for my March 9, 2013 wedding. I'll post reviews after!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_officiants-jop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:bfb6679c-b4a3-4727-9694-41b1998de9d1Post:7f3f6eef-4a75-4614-a160-3d5630cedc77">Re: Officiants, JOP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using John Zimmer for my March 9, 2013 wedding. I'll post reviews after!
    Posted by NikNik2013[/QUOTE]

Yes, please let us know! I haven't met him yet. I also saw in another post that you're using Acme Oyster House for rehearsal dinner, and I'd appreciate a review on that, too! You can private message me, if you want! Good luck this weekend and congrats! :)
  • Options
    maggieevans1~I sure will! Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards