Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Mother/Son Dance Recommendations

Hi. My FI and FMIL are having trouble coming up with a good country song for the mother/ son dance. Any recommendations would be awesome. Carry Underwood would have been perfect if the chorus did not go into stuff about her husband!

Re: Mother/Son Dance Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd 
    not really country - but they're southern rock!  and its classic....
  • edited December 2011
    "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts is a popular choice.
  • edited December 2011
    Why doesn't your FI ask his Mom? I know my MIL chose her song and my Dad also chose the song he wanted us to dance to for the father/daughter dance.

Does she like John Denver? I can't remember the name of it, but my MIL loves John Denver and they danced to him.
  • blondzxoxoblondzxoxo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I have to say is , "All To You" DJ Keo ! It is so simple and sweet . Like someone wrote it pesonally and suits so many men!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and MIL are dancing to DJ Keo, "All to you". I am pretty sure. She just told me yesterday that this song she listened to and started to cry while she was telling me. I had no idea what the song was about, but told her if she loved it that much then thats it! I went home and listened to it, and called her up crying. Its absolutely perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    We did a combined Father/Daught and Mother/Son dance an used Unforgettable (the duet version song by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations. Apparently my MIL did not make it through the first 30 seconds of the DJ Keo song without crying. Not sure if that means it wins yet, but we shall see!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards