Colorado

How many venues did you go see....

before you found the one??? I am completely overwhelmed right now between trying to find somewhere that is truely my FI and me, and our budget. Thoughts?

Re: How many venues did you go see....

• edited December 2011
    I looked at a TON on the internet, then slowly narrowed it down.  I drove by a few, stopped in on a whim for a few.  Once you start looking at them, start by making a Pro and Con list of all the sites...then make yourself a list on what you want in a venue and see which one sizes up to what your dream venue would be.  you'll get there...it just takes time and a bit of research.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Like Charlsie, I did most of my research online.  That allowed us to whittle it down to just two venues, both of which we saw.  We decided on the gardens and boathouse at Washington Park because we wanted something outdoors that still had some cover in case the weather turned bad.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just one.  I really loved it, and found out it was the appropriate size and very affordable, so we booked it.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • COkristiCOkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at 3 in person, but looked at many, many online. I was able to rule a lot out based on size and budget without even looking at them. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nokiapcsnokiapcs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to 27...literally felt like every single one in Colorado.  Each one I went to I found things I liked but when you find the one you'll defintely know!   Good Luck!!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_many-venues-did-see?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:632Discussion:f4211726-9b93-4671-8879-1c4643b83057Post:92340c5d-a995-4a34-9ed7-0f0d28bfe114">Re: How many venues did you go see....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to 27...literally felt like every single one in Colorado.  Each one I went to I found things I liked but when you find the one you'll defintely know!   Good Luck!!
    Posted by nokiapcs[/QUOTE]

All of the posts have really helped! But yours was by far the most comforting to hear. I am on 4 actual physical visits. 10 phone calls, and 15 emails of quotes. I found one I really like, but their weekends for next summer are booked. 4 more visits next week, so we will see!
  • Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

In one weekend, we hit 8.  It gets crazy.  I hope you will find your dream place.  I was lucky enough to find it on the 5th visit, but my FI made me visit the last 3 on my list to make sure.  Each one of those 3 made my pick look even better!

• flippinsweetflippinsweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for ths posts on this board!  FI and I originally wanted a NW wedding in Seattle and after a week long site visit and 12 venues, we didn't really find what we were looking for.  I'm now on venue #6 or so in Denver... i'm overwhelmed but it helps to know that when I find "the one", I'll know!  thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at three in person, and booked at the second one we visited. We also looked at tons of websites and went through the Colorado edition of the Wedding Sites and Services magazine pretty thoroughly! When you find the right venue, you'll know! :)
    "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yea we definitely used the wedding sites and services website too! I looked at quite a few online, narrowed down what was in my budget then went from there. We only physically looked at one place, and booked it because we loved it. Definitley our style and we can have the ceremony and reception in one spot. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We originally were going to have a Destination Wedding in Las Vegas and saw three venues out there before we started looking at having a wedding closer to home. I looked at a lot of venues on the internet, but we just kind of stumbled upon our venue, it was the only one we looked at in state.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 70 Invited image
    56 Ready to rock image
    14 Sitting it out image
  • edited December 2011
    Already physically been to three or so. MIllions online. It sucks to have to wait to hear back form people, but sending emails asking questions really helps.

Some things that I am asking right away (if they aren't on the faq)  are what are the extra costs, how many weddings do they host in a day, do they have specific vendors that they work with, will they work with any of the vendors that you want to use, things like that. Also, something that I have been doing is looking at the place on google maps. There was one that we went to see because we loved everything about it on the website. We got there only to find that it was directly on the highway, not something we want  since we want an outside ceremony.

Hang in there, you aren't alone. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards